Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have been asking about a mobile version of EXD for a while and I am going to look into doing that, however it's not something that vBulletin is designed to do (surprisingly enough as vB is great is most other regards).

In the mean time I have registered EXD with Tapatalk. Tapatalk is an iPhone/iPod Touch application that allows users to interact with their favorite forums (vB and phpBB supported) via their iPhone/iPod Touch. It makes browsing, posting, sending PMs, etc very slick and easy. The only real downside is that it is a user interface for the forums only (won't see anything else like the wiki, arcade, COTM section, DIYs, etc). Tapatalk seems to be dedicated to continually updating it and listening to feedback on their own forums.

Some custom modifications to forums will not work as well. For EXD the only problem seems to be the embedded YouTube videos (which you probably wouldn't want in a mobile version of the site anyway).

Small downside? The Tapatalk app is $2.99. However, it can be used with hundreds of forums on the internet, not just EXD. Perhaps other Hyundai forums will sign up with them (it's really easy).

Keep an eye on the ElantraXD Twitter account for tweets and the EXD Blog for posts with me giving codes away for it. And by this I mean a code I make up that you can PM me so that I can Paypal you $2.99 so that you can buy the app yourself. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to "gift" apps to people like you can with music via iTunes.

Thoughts?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Re: EXD / iPhone / iPod Touch / Tapatalk

well Since I just used my upgrade for the Iphone 3gs (16gb) for $99 bucks or a refurbed 3g for $49 I'm gonna get this app when I get the phone in a few days.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts

Here's some screenshots:

Forum:

Subscribed threads:

Latest Posts:

This thread:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts

Just loaded it, looks good. I think I like it, although of all the forums I am a member of, EXD and cHD are the only ones I could find.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts

I have sent them a PM already, I like that I can just look at posts without having to go to the browser. Point and click, just like visual voicemail.....haha.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts

sweet. i will start looking for it on the android and let you know how it works.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts

*edit* I am downloading the beta version of it right now, I will let you know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I am still playing with it. It seems to lockup a bit, but that might be because it is still beta. But when it works it is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've updated to the newest version. It should work for most Android phones and Nokia smartphones.

Also, you can now go to http://itunes.com/app/tapatalkro to download a free version that you can use to look at the forums (but not post, interact, etc). This way you can try it a bit before buying it.

Let me know what you think. Happy foruming (yeah, I just made that up).

Also, it looks like the genesisforums.org and The UK Hyundai Coupe Club are also part of the Tapatalk network that has 2508 forums at this time. Maybe some of your other forums are part of the network too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.