Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my car back to Midas on Thursday for them to fix it once and for all. I'm in love with my dual tips, so I'm thinking of going with 2.25" to the split, then 1.75" after the split. Dual 1.75" pipes are equivalent to a single 2.5". Will this make me lose any low end?

I'm currently running a stock resonator with a 20" piece of 1.75" straight pipe right after going into a 2.25" to the axle where it splits into two 2" pipes. This gives me decent low end but I lost some high end.

My other alternative is to do a single 2.25" pipe with a fake second tip which will make me mucho ricey which I don't want.

So should I go with the first setup I mentioned. I know some people are running 2.5" cat backs. If you are, do you notice any loss in low end?

Thanks in advance. I know I'm starting too many threads, but please bare with me, I've had so much stress over this.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
just keep it simple. i'm running a 2.5' custom cat back exhaust, well from the stock resonator back (it's nicer sounding), with a magnaflow muffler. also i asked the muffler guy to keep it stock looking as possible. so it looks stock but i have great sound. it also keeps the cops away, since you can't see a tin muffler with a massive tip.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I agree with the keep it simple idea. You want as much performance as possible but dont dip into the rice category to get it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
that setup you mentioned you were thinking of will probobly give you a power boost, but it will cost more. I have 2.25 all the way back and love the performance.

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys. So they replaced the stupid aero turbine with a magnaflow (why they used an oval under the car instead of a round beats me). The sound is almost as quiet as stock. They didn't touch the pipes after the split. My overall power now is fine. I got enough low end and my high end seems a little faster. Moral of the story, don't use an aero turbine on our cars.

Second moral... when you get an exhaust made, make sure you know exactly what you want and stick to it. Don't let the shop make their own recommendations. And if they don't want to do it then take it somewhere else. I'm lucky I got it done at Midas because they were able to do a lot of extra work without me paying extra. Probably best to buy your mufflers before hand from ebay or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts