Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
conceptually, very easy. in practice, hatchetman is correct, it's a lot of work. you just have to solder wires onto the faceplate pins (usually about 10 pins) on the faceplate and on the head unit. it will certainly void any warranty on your head unit, but it's totally do-able. this guy used two cat-5 network cables (6 or 8 conductor i think). you can even see how he just soldered the wires right on to the pins and then secured them with hot-glue. mounting the shuttle box is a nice idea. the only problem is that the faceplate is no longer removable.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
its the same with all electronics.. as well as any car project. Time and paitence.

SPB is great at answering these questions and he once again proved to be quite knowledgeable :)

he only thing i would have done different is used a connector off the soldered wires on the faceplate to the wires going into the actual headunit... that way you could take the faceplate out if you were needing to do so.

That tupperware could have easily been made 100x better looking.

ohwell

shawn :)

oh and why would you want to do this? just move the HVACS, its SOOOOO much easier.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out some of the crazy stuff they have done to different cars at MP3car.com
I'm amazed. I really had no idea people had some of this stuff going on in their cars :bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts