Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's apparent that a lot of people find the factory stereo lacking somewhat. What, if any, outputs are available on the factory head unit? Just speaker outputs or are there RCA outputs?

Thanks, Curtis

·
Registered
38 Posts
well, there are no RCA outs on the standard clarion unit. If u choose to use it in conjunction with an amplifier- purchase a GOOD line level converter and either wire tap it inline behind the unit or under the rear deck, which ever is closer to your amp. They work out ok, not the best solution there is- just depends on the quality of the converter.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
My factory Clarion unit has RCA outs. But maybe again that's the difference with CDN and US models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LowElantra said:
well, there are no RCA outs on the standard clarion unit. If u choose to use it in conjunction with an amplifier- purchase a GOOD line level converter and either wire tap it inline behind the unit or under the rear deck, which ever is closer to your amp. They work out ok, not the best solution there is- just depends on the quality of the converter.
That's all I needed to know. Guess I'll have to look into upgrading the whole system.
Thanks for the info.

Curtis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts