Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***UPDATED APRIL 2011***

2005 XD2 GT Sedan M/T, Rally Red, "Leather", Sunroof.

Mechanical
Air intake - post filter delete

Audio

Deck
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Speakers & Subs
2x Infinity 6030cs 6.5" 2/way
2x Infinity 692.9i Kappa Series 6x9" 2/way

Amplifiers
Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4

Sound Deadening
1 "Dynamat trunk kit"
75 Square feet of Audio Technix 60 Mil

Exterior
HID 6k Lows (H7) (left one keeps going out - bought from local shop)
HID 5k His (H1) (right one keeps going out - bought from diode dynamics, this will be the third replacement)
HID 3k Fogs (9006) (working like a charm! bought from diode dynamics)

Thinking about replacing all with V-HID's from V-LEDs.com installed a few for other people and they are pretty legit.

LED Back-up Lights (921)
LED Turn Signals (1156)
LED License Plate Lights (DE3175)
LED Brake Lights (1157)
LED Third Brake Light (Was thinking light strip but might be going for something else, stay tuned lol)

Interior
LED Dome Light (DE3175)
LED Map Lights (921 is the socket but I got the kit that is a board, got two, one for each map light)
LED Trunk light (LED Strip, regularly a DE3175)
Painted Interior trim pieces see pictures on appropriate page listed below.

'DIY' - s kinda? On the following pages of this thread:

Page 1: Dome light, license plate light, headlight housing polishing
Page 2: Meshing the grill and bumper
Page 2: Interior Disassembly
Page 3: Interior & Exterior Plastic Painting

VIDEOS!

I have a YouTube channel with all my car stuff on it. Faris Mitri's Youtube Channel

Check it out! Currently I have the following types of videos up:

Walk around
Sub-woofer Excursion
Interior Deconstruction

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already get tickets in this thing, a stock XD2 is faster than I need it to be already, hence why i'm weighing it down with toys (; Before I got dinged for my most recent ticket I was thinking about getting a turbo kit, but those days are long gone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So not to too much of my surprise changing to my LED bulbs didn't produce DRAMATIC results, but I like them :) Each section is labeled, enjoy?

Changing the dome light

License Plate Lights

Brake Lights (Both were defective had to return them both, DO NOT but from Super Bright LED's!)

I only was able to get one of the brake lights to work for a short period of time, you can ... not really tell the difference here, don't get spider like brake lights, they don't reflect back to the shiny stuff, they don't really make that much light! Although it's a very red light, so it's pretty cool in that aspect..maybe a different vendor?

At this point I attempted to bake my headlights so I could remove the amber turn signal cover, lets just say this is not something I have the patience to do at 10pm, here was setup anyhow!

I WOULD RECOMMEND A MUCH HIGHER GRIT, THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!
As you can see here there is a slight haze over the left side of the light, which was the part I tested with the sandpaper. The rest of the lights were heavily polished with the PlastX, which is the greatest product known to man :)

Here's the results

And the other side

This side was bad before hand, I like the results, No sanding on this one, just the PlastX

Because I was on my own I couldn't really get my tail lights at night again, but here is what it looked like at night (6k HID's, stock Hi's & Fog), it's much less hazy than it was!

My turn signals are currently going crazy fast, but I kinda like the look? It's clean and they're brighter than my last lights, so i'll delay getting the bit I need as much as possible.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you LeShadow & Songee :) The rest of the LED's get in soon! I'll post pictures of those. And once I gather enough courage i'll crack open those Headlight Assemblies to remove the Amber Turn signal covers, and to really clean that lens well.

6 days till shipment gets here :D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
Hey faris...keep the LED stuff our secret...lol

Naaah, spread the word..we can't be greedy when so many others have shared their knowledge...I totally forgot to get the name of the place I got mine from..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you could all so color match the black part of the head lights to the car since you ewill have them open.
I've been throwing the idea around and part of me wants to but the other part of me loves the black & red contrast having the black in the headlight brings... other peoples' thoughts??

Car is looking great.
Thank you tuner :)

Nice work. Next time you want LEDs check out www.diodedynamics.com, he is newtiburon member and stands by his products. All of my LED boards for dome and map are from him.
Yeah I am realizing this now, my newest order is all from him (Tail , map & Glove box LED's ) should be here soon!

---------- Post added 06-11-2010 at 09:37 AM ----------

The Mega Man character? That would work well with the Dr. Light reference I made.
The megaman fan in me just died a little to the fact I didn't get that reference right away /: BUT I like the idea... ESPECIALLY SINCE I CAN USE BASS!

I have a whole renewed love for megaman, i'm gonna have to break out the playstation

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pictures of the Map lights, Glove box light, Fog HID 3000k's, Hi HID 6000k's, and mesh grill and bumper guards when I wake up... worked on my car for a good 6 hours tonight, i'm beat.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.