Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so im thinking once i get the money, i think im going to take the fenders and flare them. think of the place on the fender on a 2005 XD2 where the fender curves, and then becomes flat, im thinking of heating and bending that out, obviously that piece would need to be cut with a grinder. the paint would need to be removed, then additional pieces would need to be welded, to complete the fender. it would be sort of like having a wide-body kit, but more subtle. i think it would look attractive. i would love to do the work myself but i dont have the materials/tools so i would probably have to rent the tools, or pay a shop.

Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
if you do end up cutting away adding more etc etc you better post pics cause ima be interested lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
that is pretty BA but its too bad you live in FL. This is something i'd wanna make work. If you do start and theres anyway i can help id like too. You're fender flaring is rubbing off on me lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
haha the dirty d and proud of it, and isnt gilmanton like a village lol? no offence but its tiny!! and i wish i was in fl, nh sucks in the winter....

·
Registered
145 Posts
dang what highschool did u attend?

·
Registered
145 Posts
okay okay i know belmont, glad to meet a fellow person from the shire :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
3 inch drop? damn...

·
Registered
145 Posts
haha i just think 3" is one hell of a drop, i would def be slammin some of these frost heaved roads in nh

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
definitely excessive amount of drop....going to be wearing out all kinds of things...though i really shouldnt talk, when i had my coils i was dropped about 2.5 or so.

i used a baseball bat...it was my first time and its definitely a rough way to do it...the 2nd time i did it on a tib...it came out perfect!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts