Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently a five door Veloster might show up sometime.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/11/hyundai-mulling-five-door-veloster-for-u-s/

Seems kind of strange for them to bring it over here to North America, but, I guess if HMA gets a lot of feedback from people saying the reason they didn't buy one is because it didn't have two doors on the driverside, well, they might not want to let that happen.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
So, they are going to eliminate the one thing that makes this car stand out from the crowd?

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Did you see the veloster commercial that saved that girls life because it didn't have a driver rear door?

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
I wouldn't say it's BS because Hyundai already makes all the parts needed since the Veloster in other countries already have 2 doors on the left side since the driver in those countries is on the right. So it would be easy to do. Now, would it come to the US? Maybe. But I think you make a valid point about the 5-door Accent and the new Touring (nee i30). I think it would be overkill to have another 5-door hatchback.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
i just saw a commercial for this a few days ago. it was cheesy

*oops sorry, i was thinking of the 3 door, no the 5 :p
i think 3 doors are stupid. if your going to add a third just add the 4th.. im a fan of things being parallel and uniform

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
i think 3 doors are stupid. if your going to add a third just add the 4th.. im a fan of things being parallel and uniform
Yeah, and what's with a steering wheel and pedals on just one side?

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Yeah, and what's with a steering wheel and pedals on just one side?
lol. smartass

but hey why not, would make long vacations way easier. your turn to drive!

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
makes perfect sense if they're aiming this and the turbo version at the Golf/GTI market.

Im with Ugzz - I cant stand the 3 door look.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2005 Member
834 Posts
It probably wont happen unless the plan on it replacing the the elantra touring. I honestly believe if they do come out with a 5 door option its trying to go the way of the golf.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts