Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that my "03 Elantra clock blinks. Sometimes the clock completely disappear for a while and come back. It flashes especially when I activate a turn signal.
Is it a sign that the clock will die soon or bad contact? I checked with a dealer. They say that there is no bulb there, but I need to replace the whole digital clock unit and the part costs $61. Is there a easy way to fix the clock? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine was out 98% of the time so when I had the plastic off to replace bulbs and reset a new remote, I pulled it out and tested, evaluated and attempted
full repair. XD 01. The soldered contacts were bad in a few places around the central resistor which gets warm when its on.
... The stupid ppush buttons still don't work right though they did work during pre install testing. They are a real pita for sure. Learned a cleaning
technique... pull the rubber cover off and scrub the black insert (inside the cover) without removing them on a piece of plain paper. rub 'em good till
the black stops coming off. Then clean the contacts on the board with alcohol or similar. maybe a copper wire brush would help too.

what's up with this post format? work wrap doesn't exist until you are 3 screens wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.