Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt notice this section, just jumped in and started asking question. Im actually new to all this forum stuff. The elantra is my first (self bought) car and Id like to keep it for a while so I thought joining a forum would be helpful. Im from upstate NY. Not many hyundai's around here and even fewer shops that fix them, I think the closest is about an hour/ hour and a half from me and thats greedy dealer scum, so its time to learn how to fix my own car. I havent put any mods in the thing. Its actually quick enough for me as is, the 5 speed really helps although better performance at higher speeds would be nice. It has a hard time passing at 60 mph unless I slam it into 4th which Id rather not do. What I really want to do is dress up the inside. Its very drab and boring. How many miles do most of you get out of these cars. IM at 73K right now, hoping she lasts till 100 or maybe even 200k that would be nice. Has anyone noticed the elantra looks like a cricket?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh thats close. have you noticed that no one up here will work on our cars. Im from Norwich probably never heard of it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey Babyfur,
Yeah, since the Kingston Hyundai/Toyota dealership knocked down the price on 04 elantras to 12k and accents to 8k, thee's hyundais almost everywhere. It's nuts. Anyways, if you're looking for any good places to get work done, just pm me.
Lots of luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3rd? you gonna buy me a new engine? Is it korean cocaine? What causes a leaky headgasket, just time?

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
babyfur said:
3rd? you gonna buy me a new engine? Is it korean cocaine? What causes a leaky headgasket, just time?
third at 60 is around 4-4.5k rpms.. your not going to blow the engine. :rolleyes:

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
dont just jam it into gear though, use the gas pedal to (more or less) get you to the rpms that you'll be at when you downshift. I think 3rd gear can get you to 87mph at least

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I try not to horse on it that bad. It would be nice to have it last me quite a while. Thinking of putting a grill guard on it like a baja bug (ever seen one) then Ill just hit those horrible drivers instead of passing them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts