Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Super slow and annoying.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
sometimes when i click links, the website says its loading... but nothing happens... it like lags/pauses... THEN it kicks in and loads what i clicked.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
S................l..................................................o............................................................................double-u!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
It took 15 seconds after I clicked on the go to first new post button for this thread before it went to the first new post just now. I counted.

·
Gabster
51 Posts
look into http://mediatemple.net/

when a query is called from a database it uses alot of resources (Ram, hard drive I/O, CPU Cycles).
if a database is unpruned / unmaintained it can lead to slowness.
Check how much space your database is etc.. can be alot of factor not just the server

bad code can slow down websites

etc...

the grid-server is the generic for devs, designer, communities etc..

this is what you get for 20$/month (a few things not everything the list is long)

100GB premium storage
1TB network transfer
Host up to 100 domains
1000 email accounts
Clustered architecture
MySQL SmartPool v.2
FREE Urchin Analytics

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Hey, since the update all the link colors changed in the Gray Gremlin theme.

·
Gabster
51 Posts
Gray Gremlin does look ugly, but I thought the links had always been black.

bassaddicted, do you/have you used them before?
been using them for 5 years now never had a single downtime and they send emails to the admin of the account each time there is a huge issue in the server room, hijackings, security issues, Security Updates hardware updates to keep you in the loop of what going on

personally has a developer i find them very reliable and trust worthy and there server are nice check out Grid-servers & dedicated-virtual which is scalable but a little more expensive

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
A little bit but nothing major.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
It's been lagging bad the last few days.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts