Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i got one find a heavy rock, get one of your old shoe laces and tie the rock around right foot. then place right foot with mod. onto gas pedal and then hold on. enjoy :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
take everything out of your interior, remove the p/s, a/c, radio, spare tire, jack, take the body off and sand down the panels to half there present size, repaint with one coat of spray paint (lighter than the stuff on it now), remove hub caps, remove hood, trunk lid, remove power units (windows-mirrors), remove intake, remove muffler, remove exesive plastic from around engine bay, and... run around at 1/8 a tank of gas all the time. Im sure you would drop a second in the 1/4 with all that. Not going to say the car will last a long time.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
On a serious note, you could do the TB-Coolant Bypass and the Slave Cylinder Mod. And you could remove the weather stripping at the back of your hood to promote a slightly cooler engine bay. Let's not forget removing the Air Intake Resonator!

Axel

·
Registered
275 Posts
let see

already mentioned
1. remove weatherstrip on the cowl area of the hood, but i also removed the strip underneath the hood (near the front) that makes contact with the radiator support.

2. remove the air horn by taking off the top of the air box, flipping it around. you should see a tube sticking into the inside of the air box.

3. remove resonator

4. remove cover off engine, i think it traps too much heat

5. if you have an old pair of magnets, put one on your ATX pan, and another on your oil filter...should help trap metal particles.

if i think of anything else, i write it down

Gregster

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
there isnt alot of free stuff that u can do that will make a huge difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts