Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
You probably don't want a stiffer front sway bar as that will make the car under steer even more than it already does.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to have a much bigger front swaybar and then get the 22mm adjustable rear plus with either camber bolts or plates, the car would be like a go-cart for autoxing

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
You will need to be carefull with anything bigger than the Tib Gt swaybar in the rear. A good number of Tib owners have had problems with the 22mm bar breaking the end link attachment points on the struts. If you have coilovers this shouldn't be a problem as they are usually over engeniered, but stock struts will need the endlink attachment point reinforced.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point. I wish I could afford the coilovers but $1500 is just a bit much right now.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Elatntragtclub says that ours are 15mm and the tibs are 19mm

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the rears. the front is much bigger than the rear tib. I'm thinking it must be around 24mm. The tibs front is bigger than the XD's

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
If I remember the Tib front bar attaches to a different spot than than ours, our cars might have the holes already there or they may not.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Yeah, Jay said the Tib front sway bar was a completely different design and that it won't work.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The Tib ft sway bar attaches to the strut, the XD's does not. If you were to get the Tib struts then you could use the Tib ft sway bar but it will make the car understeer.

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
The stock front swaybar sizes are GLS 22.8mm and GT 23.2mm (according to Jay).

I don't think you'll see much of a difference with less than a 1mm change.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Silet, I agree with that.

I think i remember about the tib bar fitting if you have the tib struts. How big is the tib bar? anyone know? So if you go with coilovers, you would have to go with ones for a tib if you wanted to use the tib bar, right?

EDIT: found it on webtech. says the largest is 23mm. webtech doesn't say what the elantra one(s) are.

·
Grip lover
55 Posts
The stock front swaybar sizes are GLS 22.8mm and GT 23.2mm (according to Jay).

I don't think you'll see much of a difference with less than a 1mm change.
If you're upping from 23 to 25 then YOU WILL see and feel the difference. According to Whiteline http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/010barup.pdf changing from 23 to 25 will yield a 40% increase in stiffeness. Also upping the front bar will increase understeer by +1, but will let you hold the grip longer BEFORE the understeer by +2. So for me that's a good deal. Also adding rear bar to the mix, changes situation dramaticaly. Remember, that one of the reasons for understeer is roll on the front, causd by rolling onto the outer edge of the outside tire, the one that is suppose to hold the most. If you keep it flatter longer, then you will have substantially more grip, until finaly it will be to much and you will end up understeering. That of course does not apply, if your driving on some ****ty tires LOL. Tires DO change a whole lot too. When I slapped my Potenzas Re01-R's on, I noticed a lot more roll (already on H&R springs), since the tires are gripping substancially more.
Just my 0.02.
If anybody finds 25mm+ bar for the front, please let me know. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not buying a complete set from this australian company before they closed down. :(

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
not to disrespect, but u do realize... the last post before u is from 2004.... BEFORE those whiteline bars ever even existed. right?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you get a tib front swaybar, you have to get tib struts, and if you get the tib struts then you need to buy tib front end links. It wont be a direct bolt-on with our Elantras.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts