Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an '04 Elantra GT back in November and love it, we also own an 06 Yaris and its a great car too. Now we are selling the Yaris because we realized we don't need two cars and then, the recall happens, which has no affect on the Yaris but it seems like the name Toyota now scares people. I have noticed a huge drop in prices of used Yaris' which is not good for me, it just adds a challenge. I am not frustrated at all that the car is not selling but I am frustrated with the fact that so many people are willing to drop their pants and take it in rear, just to sell their cars. I hope it sells soon so I can once again drive my Elantra (had to park it until the Yaris sells)

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
couple weeks to fix = a few years of lacking sales

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Didn't the yaris cost $5 new? How much could the price have gone down?

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Unfortunately, repeated recalls are having a snowball effect. I hear Corollas are being investigated for brake issues. May be a while yet before Toyotas are in the clear, and personally I think that the (frankly ridiculous) high resale values of Toyotas are a thing of the past... they will probably remain at a much lower level for a pretty long time. I figure the same people that paid the crazy high resale price before all this are the same people that buy based on perceived quality. Toyota had destroyed its perceived quality image... therefore (there's some Latin phrase to describe the cyclical nature of my argument).

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
I hate those ads, like salt in the wound for customers who were denied service before the recall. It's like "yeah, we made some **** cars... but we didn't mean to, honest!

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's a good step forward, but like Qyn said, might be a bit of rubbing it in for some people. One guy in Croatia had his accelerator get stuck four times and before the recall they didn't want to even check his car out since the stealership told him the car is perfectly fine and there's no point of taking it in. After the recall they took a look, solved the problem but still deny it was related to the recall just so they could charge him. Might be different between dealers, but any and all dealers represent Toyota, they should also consider that... Not everything can be fixed with saying "we're guilty" through commercials.

·
Registered
604 Posts
a champion always falls before they win the gold, Toyota will pass this in time and trust me, they WILL be stronger than ever now that they have been knocked to their knees with a publicly exagerated issue! thanks to the media, lol Toyota needed to have a hit like this to show them they are not diferent than any other motor company when it comes to quality and safety and it will make them even stronger in the end. I beleive Hyundai 07 - 09 Elantras had a few of these brake pedal issues, my local dealer had over 30 of them this year so far and they are Really worried that Hyundai will get publicly hit by the media due to the Toyota issues being public now. For those of you including myself that have worked in the automotive manufacturing industry or still do we all know companies always have issues whether or not they are safety concerns of cosmetic, there is always a concern about something, lol This one just happened to be a major safety issue on a select few vehicles and now they are getting nailed for every little thing due to the extra attention from the media and we all know how stupid some people can be with issues like this, like driving a vehicle after knowing it has an issue that could cost you your life or someone elses!

Mark,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts