Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Evo fusion exhaust

okay, as some of you know, i bought the evo fusion exhaust to have it dyno tested and it ended up staying on my car for a couple of days. I managed to scratch the muffler as well. its been cleaned up and is damned shiny. I have a little container of stainless steel polish that I used thats still almost full. I'll ship it with the exhaust for $2 if you want it. as I recall, the exhaust made 7 SAE WHP. 1/3 of what EVo fewsion claims.
asking $270 shipped (I think all group buy deals have ended and they are going for MSRP now, which is $360 + shipping)

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Will the Header work for the '04 CVVT motor? What kind of HP/Torque gain can be expected?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
nope, the header isnt a direct bolt on, you'll need to put a cat in and relocate the 2nd O2 sensor. im pretty sure that the header will work for the 04. that ebay auction is a hellofadeal. from what I have seen on other beta motors, the header gives you a few extra horsepower up top, but you lose a little torque. The hole for the 02 sensor wasnt big enough, so I had to dremel that out. It could be a pretty nice piece if you had it sanded and put a real ceramic coating on it. the runners are more or less equal length, though the collector design isnt the best. (what do you expect for $75)

reason why im selling? see last attatched picture

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
awesome bro! give me couple mins and you will have your $70
and btw did you get this header with the flexpipe that didnt fit our xd? is it the small one with a curve? cuz this header is goin to my tibby and if the header was designed for tibby I would be more than happy!

money sent :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
270 ay? for that exauhst
this was the exauhst i was purchasing no matter what
i dont have the 270 today
but if u want to save it iam very good for the money!
once i get my 2 credit card bills in the mail im sending out 200 to each
then ill just slap the 270 on one of them!
please let me know!
also this was a direct bolt on that can be done in my driveway?
also where are u shipping from?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yep, 270 for the exhaust. onelove has first dibs on it and im waiting for his PM. he has been asking about it for a couple of weeks, and I just recently got the time to take it out and clean it up, etc. (last week I sliced my pinky open on the Evo fusion logo thats tack welded on while I was trying to clean it) sounds like grounds for a law suit to me. if a woman can sue mc donalds for spilling coffee on herself, then why not Evo fusion for having sharp edges? :tongue:

The exhaust is fully bolt on, though you'll have to jack the rear end up to get under there. I think you'll need a 19mm socket along with some soap to help get the exhaust in/out of the hangars, I did it in 30 minutes by myself.

EDIT:
Odessit, if you're asking if the downpipe has the zig zag in it that the XD has, it doesnt. im not really sure what you're question is, but I beleive that this header, along with all SSA headers were made for the 96-01 tib

and Edit again: yep, i got your money, will be shipping out tomorrow if all goes well

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
tharptroy, did you get this header with the flexpipe that didnt fit our xd? is it the small one with a curve? cuz this header is goin to my tibby and if the header was designed for tibby I would be more than happy!

and did you get my money?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
tharptroy said:
yep, 270 for the exhaust. onelove has first dibs on it and im waiting for his PM. he has been asking about it for a couple of weeks, and I just recently got the time to take it out and clean it up, etc. (last week I sliced my pinky open on the Evo fusion logo thats tack welded on while I was trying to clean it) sounds like grounds for a law suit to me. if a woman can sue mc donalds for spilling coffee on herself, then why not Evo fusion for having sharp edges? :tongue:

The exhaust is fully bolt on, though you'll have to jack the rear end up to get under there. I think you'll need a 19mm socket along with some soap to help get the exhaust in/out of the hangars, I did it in 30 minutes by myself.

EDIT:
Odessit, if you're asking if the downpipe has the zig zag in it that the XD has, it doesnt. im not really sure what you're question is, but I beleive that this header, along with all SSA headers were made for the 96-01 tib

and Edit again: yep, i got your money, will be shipping out tomorrow if all goes well
if it was made for tibby then i will have no problem fittin that downpipe :)
did you have that downpipe installed with your setup or not?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
it was not modified to for my car, and will not bolt up to fot the XD without modification. when I installed it, I was running an open header.
purchased as part of a group buy on HA. I'll see if I can find the thread for you

here's the thread: group buy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts