Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

FS: Evo fusion exhaust and SSauto 4-1 header

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  OdessitPashka 
#1 · (Edited)
FS: Evo fusion exhaust

okay, as some of you know, i bought the evo fusion exhaust to have it dyno tested and it ended up staying on my car for a couple of days. I managed to scratch the muffler as well. its been cleaned up and is damned shiny. I have a little container of stainless steel polish that I used thats still almost full. I'll ship it with the exhaust for $2 if you want it. as I recall, the exhaust made 7 SAE WHP. 1/3 of what EVo fewsion claims.
asking $270 shipped (I think all group buy deals have ended and they are going for MSRP now, which is $360 + shipping)

#3 ·
Will the Header work for the '04 CVVT motor? What kind of HP/Torque gain can be expected?

#5 · (Edited)
nope, the header isnt a direct bolt on, you'll need to put a cat in and relocate the 2nd O2 sensor. im pretty sure that the header will work for the 04. that ebay auction is a hellofadeal. from what I have seen on other beta motors, the header gives you a few extra horsepower up top, but you lose a little torque. The hole for the 02 sensor wasnt big enough, so I had to dremel that out. It could be a pretty nice piece if you had it sanded and put a real ceramic coating on it. the runners are more or less equal length, though the collector design isnt the best. (what do you expect for $75)

reason why im selling? see last attatched picture

#8 ·
awesome bro! give me couple mins and you will have your $70
and btw did you get this header with the flexpipe that didnt fit our xd? is it the small one with a curve? cuz this header is goin to my tibby and if the header was designed for tibby I would be more than happy!

money sent :)

#9 ·
270 ay? for that exauhst
this was the exauhst i was purchasing no matter what
i dont have the 270 today
but if u want to save it iam very good for the money!
once i get my 2 credit card bills in the mail im sending out 200 to each
then ill just slap the 270 on one of them!
please let me know!
also this was a direct bolt on that can be done in my driveway?
also where are u shipping from?

#10 · (Edited)
yep, 270 for the exhaust. onelove has first dibs on it and im waiting for his PM. he has been asking about it for a couple of weeks, and I just recently got the time to take it out and clean it up, etc. (last week I sliced my pinky open on the Evo fusion logo thats tack welded on while I was trying to clean it) sounds like grounds for a law suit to me. if a woman can sue mc donalds for spilling coffee on herself, then why not Evo fusion for having sharp edges? :tongue:

The exhaust is fully bolt on, though you'll have to jack the rear end up to get under there. I think you'll need a 19mm socket along with some soap to help get the exhaust in/out of the hangars, I did it in 30 minutes by myself.

EDIT:
Odessit, if you're asking if the downpipe has the zig zag in it that the XD has, it doesnt. im not really sure what you're question is, but I beleive that this header, along with all SSA headers were made for the 96-01 tib

and Edit again: yep, i got your money, will be shipping out tomorrow if all goes well

#11 ·
tharptroy, did you get this header with the flexpipe that didnt fit our xd? is it the small one with a curve? cuz this header is goin to my tibby and if the header was designed for tibby I would be more than happy!

and did you get my money?

#13 ·
tharptroy said:
yep, 270 for the exhaust. onelove has first dibs on it and im waiting for his PM. he has been asking about it for a couple of weeks, and I just recently got the time to take it out and clean it up, etc. (last week I sliced my pinky open on the Evo fusion logo thats tack welded on while I was trying to clean it) sounds like grounds for a law suit to me. if a woman can sue mc donalds for spilling coffee on herself, then why not Evo fusion for having sharp edges? :tongue:

The exhaust is fully bolt on, though you'll have to jack the rear end up to get under there. I think you'll need a 19mm socket along with some soap to help get the exhaust in/out of the hangars, I did it in 30 minutes by myself.

EDIT:
Odessit, if you're asking if the downpipe has the zig zag in it that the XD has, it doesnt. im not really sure what you're question is, but I beleive that this header, along with all SSA headers were made for the 96-01 tib

and Edit again: yep, i got your money, will be shipping out tomorrow if all goes well
if it was made for tibby then i will have no problem fittin that downpipe :)
did you have that downpipe installed with your setup or not?

#14 · (Edited)
it was not modified to for my car, and will not bolt up to fot the XD without modification. when I installed it, I was running an open header.
purchased as part of a group buy on HA. I'll see if I can find the thread for you

here's the thread: group buy

#15 ·
so basically you never used the downpipe piece because it didnt fit, right? if so then it will fit my tibby perfectly!!!

btw, did you ship it already?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.