Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: The IM has been removed from my car and is ready to be packed and shipped. I will be including an Evo Fusion BBTB with this manifold.

Parts included:

1. Kspec Air Ram Manifold. used for a few months and in perfect condition.
1. Evo Fusion BBTB also used but in great condition with the edge slightly ported.
1. NEW in the box factory Hyundai Elantra IM gasket for use with this manifold.
1. used TB gasket that has been ported to match the evo fusion BBTB, this is used as a template for new gaskets..
1. Idle Air Control Valve adapter plate with misc. hoses and t-fitting.

What you will need to complete the job.

1. Tools.
2. Misc. hose clamps.
3. a few extra feet of 3/8 inch hoses.
4. Mixc T-Fitting(s).
5. An afternoon in the shade.

I was able to remove the stock manifold and install the Kspec manifold without using a jack.. I did it all from the engine bay.. although I must admit my skills with a ratchet are superb... you might have to get underneath to remove the stock IM brackets.

:)

Cost will be $600 shipped within the US.
Outside of the us the cost will be $580 + shipping.

Once you take first dibs on this item, please PM me and we will setup the remainder of the money transfer.

______________________________________________________________________________________

This will be available within a few weeks.. I'm having a stock intake manifold shipped to me ... once i port it and swap it out for the kspec... I'll update this thread and make it available for sale... at the time being... i'll start the bidding at $400. FREE shipping included.

I would like to sell it to the highest bidder... any dibs ?

These pics were taken on July 22, 2004. This intake is in nearly perfect condition.. It has not been modified from its original design in any way and will work on the beta 2 engine for Elantra or Tiburon... For beta2 engines with MAP sensors you will need to custom make an adapter for the idle air bypass valve.. i made my adapter out of quicksteel and two vacuume fittings.. total cost was about $ 4. plus 2-3 feet of 3/8 inch hose. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well you can have the 400 right now, but I'll have to pull that money from my paypal account if you dont decide in the next couple days, keep in mind I just bought one for my car. I need some cash in my checking account so i can pay some bills, but I'm offering to be an idiot and spend more cash on parts right now.

·
Registered
497 Posts
1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush ;)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blacktibz said:
Well you can have the 400 right now, but I'll have to pull that money from my paypal account if you dont decide in the next couple days, keep in mind I just bought one for my car. I need some cash in my checking account so i can pay some bills, but I'm offering to be an idiot and spend more cash on parts right now.

Thanks for the offer ... but I wont sell it just yet... and I know i can get more than $400 for it... ... I just used that figure as a starting point...

If I dont get the offer i'm looking for then i'll sell it to the higest bidder on ebay or something...

Mind you I paid $600 for it and designed the idle air bypass valve mod to actually make it work with the beta2....

I dont plan to charge for the idea, just for the intake... also, its in perfect condition.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
2XDreme said:
........ just don't wanna pay for postage to me? :D

hahahaa... right.. free shipping in the US dude.. where i can actually ship it to you without having to sell a kidney.

(rhimes with sidney) lol :abovelol:

Update:

IM is ready to sell, please read the first post on this thread for more info !

Ohh Yeah ! :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
ok how much would you want for just the BBTB.

you know my set up better than most. do you think it would make a difference vs the stock one? just wondering if it would be worth it to me

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
nope, that bbtb is totally useless on a stock IM.
even a ported one like yours.

the stock TB is more than capable of supporting as much airflow as the stock engine can suck in on its own... unless you went with a bigger set of cams + ecu tuning you will not need a bbtb or a bigger manifold like the kspec. (the exception being forced induction, it will help with that kind of setup).

Also, the tb opening on the IM is waaay smaller than this TB... you would have to re-port the stock TB opening on the manifold for it to match up properly, and there are some problems with making it that big because of the iac duct + the inside of the plenum is actually lined up with the stock opening of the manifold...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.