231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$30.00 on a fill up with regular gas... What the fuck! :bang:

And it's supposed to go up even more?!?!?! :Blasting_

I should just get a fucking Jetta TDI.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'd love if gas was back at $1.35-1.45 a gallon, but... gas prices could get up to $3 something and all of us would still be buying it. That's the problem, everyone NEEDS the gas, no matter how much it is. Oh wells. I can get it for as little as $1.85, so that's not too bad.

Getting a Jetta TDI would be a good call, except they are selling them for ridicously high because of the high demand. You could get a motorcycle that gets a lot of MPG though. Good luck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
$2.00 per gallon really isnt that bad. and I think its a hell of a step towards making americans (myself included) more energy conscious. why waste the gas if its not important? why buy a truck if its primary use is to drive back and forth to work? why buy an SUV if you usually only have one passenger? motorcycles are great, too bad its dangerous as fuck to ride them in a metropolitan area.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Norway is the second largest oil exporter in the world and I pay about 5 dollars a gallon over there too. I do remember when i filled up my car for 10 bucks a couple years back though.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
the prices around me are going down! ...but that is just politics rearing its ugly head!.....its funny because if it really had a to do with oil production and barrel price...the cost of diesel would have went up just as much as regular gas...guess what??? it hasnt...why because then it would eat into big coporate america's overhead!....anyway...enough with my rant :bang:

·
Registered
497 Posts
FordFasteRR said:
two words.

electric cars.
Two Words.

More Power ;)

-NY

·
Registered
378 Posts
I love the fact that I can get premium as cheap as $1.93 a gallon now. LOL

Beats the hell out of the west coast where the cheap stuff was still around $2.25

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah Im in cali paying around $2.30 a gallon.

·
Registered
732 Posts
our prices are goign down. I can get 87 from 76 or chevron for 2.17. I was used to getting 89 for my Prelude and I was paying like 2.40 for that.

Where do you guys buy your gas? What seems to work the best in XDs? Chevron, 76, Shell, Texaco, or whatever? I don't want to know based just on price b/c I want to get this thing to last as long as possiable.

IMO

I think it's higher in Cali b/c of all of the war protestors (at leasst in Fresno). They raise the price to show the wars not about the oil. Go Army!! (My Fiance' is in the Guard)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Cali gas prices have nothing to do with war protestors.

The prices in Cali are so high because the taxes on gas applied by both the state and the city you live in are so high. People in Cali pay about 35% on taxes for gas. So, at $2.30 a gal, you are paying almost $0.80 a gallon in just taxes.

Thats right, every time you fill up, you pay the government over $10 :abovelol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
*shrug* what can you do? I need the gas so ill pay it whatever the price is...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I noticed it steadily decreasing, then just shoots back up.....

In the latest Motor Trend they have a really good write up on alternative types of cars/fuels.....such as Hybrids, Fuel Cells, Hydrogen...etc.....I've only got to page 3 but it's really good so far....puts alot into perspective.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts