Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace my fuel filter for my Elantra. I found a fuel filter in my garage without a box. I used have a Sonata and other older model Elantra in the past, which I sold. I bought the fuel filter several yeas ago, but I didn't use it and now I forgot it for which one. I brought it to a local Hyundai dealer and showed it to a parts clerk.
They have no idea the fuel filter is for which vehicle. Since the dealer doesn't change the fuel filter, mechanics don't know either.
There is a part number on it and it was partially erased, but I can read as 633659. I measured it and the measurement is like this: top diameter 5.5 cm, bottom diameter 7 cm, and height (without the nuts) is 8 cm. Can anyone check if this fuel filter specification is for '03 Elantra or not? I would appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't yet remove my old filter because I want to make sure that I have the right replacement filter ready. Once the old filter is removed, I must install right away. I cannot leave it uninstalled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts