Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, on my way home from work today, I look down and see something very strange. I am doing about 65 on the parkway and my tach is only reading 2000rpm. I let off the gas, and nothing. I floor it, still nothing. I get home, park the car, remove the key and the damn needle is still on 2000rpm. I am thinking that maby I either broke the tach, the sensor is loose or that for some odd reason the needle got stuck on the indiglo gauges after over 1 year. Can someone please guide me in the right direction on how to fix this problem?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elantra2.001 said:
I wonder what it hangs on... my SR gauges dont cause that problem... maybe the guages that are indiglo all over are a little thicker????
I also have the SR gauges, not the regular indiglo. I have not had a chance to take the dash out yet, so I will find out tomorrow. I have had the gauges in for over 1 year and I have never had a problem like this eventhogh right now I am hopeing that the gauges are the problem.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well when it gets hot out everything expands so I'm guessing that's why it getting stuck. With those gauges it doesn't take much expansion get your tach needle to stick. Just take it out and then put it back in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news. On the way to work today I left the driveway and floored it. Needle is unstuck :D . I still want to remove the cluster when I get home to check things out. Thanks for the info guys, soooooo happy that it was not a probblem with the equiptment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts