Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 GLS Hatchback

1. How do I look up the Hyundai Part number? There was a website I found long time ago that was designed for Hyundai technicians but I don't remember the address anymore.

2. Where is a good place to purchase Hyundai parts for affordable price?

Thanks for your help in advance!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok this thread is kinda old but I am dealing with the same exact thing. I am pretty sure this is what your looking for: http://www.hyundaiandkiaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=215541 This is the part I need because I have the hatchback with rear wiper which looks like it makes it real expensive. At least compared to your auto parts universal motor, next I tried ebay which also has the part here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...9784983?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories
Much cheaper but you'll notice that it ships all the way from South Korea! There are other sellers on ebay who are even cheaper but their descriptions of the part did not include "with rear" so I am assuming that for me and whoever else has the hatchback this is a no go. This is what I get for running into a concrete block :( Its summer time right now and I don't really need the wiper fluid until winter so personally I might deal with the wait time on the wiper motor/pump. Also if you put rain-x on you need it even less. My windshield got all dusty from being at a campsite and with the rain-x all I had to do was turn on my wipers and it came off for the most part.

---------- Post added 08-10-2010 at 04:07 PM ----------

ok I went with the ebay guy, I'll try to remember to update how the purchase went since this seller has a lot of oem hyundai stuff much cheaper than the dealer or any other site I've seen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok this is a quick updated on my purchase. I thought it went pretty smooth overall although the shipping took the full 14 days to arrive. The part was indeed original oem wiper motor with rear. I hooked it up in replacement of the old one, very easy to do and have had no problems since. I guess I would recommend this ebay seller as long as you don't mind the shipping. Caveat, check the local junk yards first this car has been around long enough that its possible they have what your looking for.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is the pump pretty easy to install? I have a 2006 Sedan pump makes noise like its trying to work but doesn't pump anything up. I have an appointment to have the dealer fix it but I'm at 75,000 miles and they said its not covered under the 10 year warranty I guess its only covers up till 65,000... So I'm debating unclogging or replacing the pump my self. Wasn't sure if this was the correct part or not http://www.hyundaiandkiaparts.com/p...235&callout=14&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Thanks for any help
-Ash

·
Registered
649 Posts
thanks for the link, was looking for something like this

if you take your time you can fix anything in your car yourself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts