Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving my car around for the past few days, I've notice as lot of loss of low end power. My exhaust setup is as such: stock resonator to Aero turbine muffler. 2.25" pipe from the muffler back where it splits into two 2.25" pipes at the rear axle.

Would switching out the split pipes with 1.5" or 1.75" pipes help me regain some loss low end power? I understand more backpressure helps with low end power. And just when does low end become high end. I sadly have an auto and so I'm looking to increase power between 0-4000 rpms. I want most of my power between 2000-4000.

Thanks in advance.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know a single pipe would have been much better, but I wanted the dual tips in the back because I lean more towards style. I'm just very irritated by the lack of low end that came as a result of the new exhaust... I have to rev up to at least 4000 in order to get anywhere and it's ridiculous on the freeway when my car won't go past 4000 rpms on a slight incline. The acceleration is stupendously slow. Not very safe to have such slow acceleration either. This setup is getting to be more expensive than I thought. My gf warned me about it already. Stupid Elantra. I want to sell it and buy a Scion tC.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I don't get it. Do I have too much back pressure or too little? The thing with my "Aero Turbine" muffler is that it creates a suction so it's actually pulling air out of the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.