Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
"Tuned suspension?" Not really "tuned", there's only a 1mm difference in sway bars and if i remember right they are going to offer a 5 dr GLS soon anyway. Just leather and standard 4wheel disc and 1 interior color choice.
I don't like leather, so the choice was simple for me!! :D

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
the springs on a gt are definetly stiffer....but if your going aftermarket it doesnt matter at all....i went with the gt becuase i love hatches...but need four doors :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
The biggest difference is the price. In Canada, the difference between my GL {base Elantra} and the 5 door GT, is about 4 G's. If you plan on doing some suspension mods on a sedan, throw on some nice 17's, do some minor interior upgrades, and an audio system upgrade you have a stylin' sedan, that suits you better than a GT might. The money you'll save on car payments can go towards the other things you might like to personalize your car with.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I think the GT is the way to go...rear disc brakes,alloys, leather, gauges! Its a no brainer. I love the Hatchback look. Just got mine all done and the pics are comin very very soon. Finally this 8month project is over.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
its ok you would be suprised how many people come to my dealership and say "is that a V6 or a V4" it is actuallly kind of funny

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Most parts from a 03 Tib will work. But things like the Intake manifold, throttle body, and really most anything else on the head portion of the engine are NOT swapable. The cvvt uses slightly different hardware and uses the MAF instead of MAP sensor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah but peeps gotta remember that some sedans did come with rear disc too :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
I hate you Americans with your rear disc braked GT sedans, and when I say hate, I mean covet.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
What sedans came with rear disc?....Do you mean GT sedan?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts