Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm takin my RD to Capitol raceway this friday, if anyone wants to come I'd more than happy!

Went to capitol and got pretty satisfied with my results :)

my best times were 16.007 at 86.20 mph with 60' 2.38 :) best R/t time was .502 with .500 bein perfect :) 10.31 at 68.90mph!

and thats only with my fake CAI ( warm air intake more likely) and a 4-1 header :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah, they are okay. Not as fast as XDs though. ;) :) :) :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Weight definately comes into play. What does an RD weigh? Nice reaction time and 60' was really good on stock tires.

·
Registered
851 Posts
:) C'mon, someone besides evil247 has to be faster than me! With actual 1/4mile timeslips to prove it! :tongue: Nice times by the way, the RD's must be fairly light, what did you remove? spare tire, rear seat, anything?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are OK talgat..... lol! and my tibby is only about 40-50 lbs heavier than XD its about 2670lbs or so :)

and i didnt remove anything, so w/out a rear sit and spare i should be somewhere near 15.7-15.8. plus i dont have an exhaust, its just the header which is not really efficient w/out an exhaust, and i have a warm air intake (filter sits right on the tranny!)

so i suppose with some light weight reduction and an exhaust i'd be somewhere in mid to low 15s :) which is just as fast as XDs :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
That would be faster than mine then indeed... :(

·
Registered
851 Posts
I ran the [email protected] with everything out of the trunk, the EvoFusion CAI, the Jspeed underdrive accessory pulleys, and the clutch return valve spring removed. In fact, we ran almost the exact same, [email protected] for me and [email protected] for you. Take some weight out next time, rear seat, the total trunk contents, see what you run then.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not goin back to the track until i put my turbo in :) I will compare those 2 results and see the difference whahahaha :)

btw, I wanna take my rear sit out and I wanna make it look at nice and shit, what would you guys recommend?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts