Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
people are freakin nuts....what the hell kinda ad is that!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I would send a mail bomb if I was a Reagan family member right now!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Its weird....do you guys here when someone tried to sell 1 of their kidneys on there? Honest they tried. Ebay took it off but the auction went up to like 1 million dollars...all these people on transplant lists where bidding on it! It was pretty sad that someone would do that.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I remember the kidney thing.

Humans, the human body, or any human body parts may not be listed on eBay. Examples of prohibited items include, but are not limited to: organs, bone, blood, waste, sperm, and eggs. You may not include such items as a gift, prize, or giveaway in connection with an item listed on eBay. Items that contain human hair (such as lockets) as well as skulls and skeletons that are used for medical purposes may be listed on eBay.
A List Of Banned Items

ruahighlander said:
Hatchet I know, but I think it might be a little too early to try to make money off of the mans death. Dont you agree?
I don't think that it is ever wise to make money off of one's death, especially this one.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Well, they are trying to sell a casket that looks like Regan's. Maybe some people have looked at his casket and think, that would be something worthy of my mother and want to spend money on something like that for the person that gave life to them. Perhaps the seller has some of these caskets lying around wanting to sell them for the sake of selling them, not because they want to make a fast buck from Regan's expense. But they are using the exposure to get the word out. And you have to admit - as expensive as that casket is, it is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Yea, it's the same MODEL of casket, not the same casket. I'm pretty sure the U.S. government wouldn't just 'rent' or 'borrow' a casket for the ceremonies. They are, however, using Reagan to advertise their product. Although the intention is not completely wrong, I think the wording in the sale makes it untasteful, and somewhat misleading.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts