Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Much truth in that write-up. I bought ground control coilovers years ago for an Acura I used to own and had ground control install them simply because they have the scales and all the tuning adjustments down. You cannot simply put on a coilover kit at home in the garage.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sure you can, but you can't set it at home in the garrage.
But for that matter, you can't fix the settings yourself after installing any suspension kit.

There is some truth behind that article, but the only reason to get fully adjustable coilovers is not just for the adjustability. True coilovers come with a spring and damper to match. They are usually stiffer then just springers or even a spring damper combo made for street use. If the settings are all done properly, then the handling benifits will be better. However, it is a rougher ride and if you live in an area with crappy roads, it might not be the best way to go.

If you are not willing to take the time to have the settings done properly, then don't get them. But of course, if you don't want to get your car alligned after lowering you shouldn't get lowering springs either.

On the note of ground controls, although they are better then most adjustable springs, they are still no comparison to true adjustable coilovers and in my opinion are crap.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
so where is your camber at???? oh wait you dont now because you didnt get adjusted....when i got my alingment done...i have -1 in the front and -1.2 in the rear....i have the print out and everything...car felt much better once everythign was straight!....anytime you mess with the suspension you should have an alingment ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts