Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 more invitations for GMail if anyone wants one. Just send me a PM. :deal:

Oh, and if you don't know what GMail is yet, you're missing out. Seriously.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
felixr said:
invitations?
Yes, GMail is by invite only until public release later this year. A lot of people have been selling invites on Ebay for $15-20 a peice...that's just wrong.

3 more invitations left. Also, I forgot to mention that when requesting an invite please give me your e-mail address!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i guess ill bite even though im skeptical with new things and dont really like change . . . doesnt google have spy/adware in their toolbar? how would this be different . . is it safe? not that i dont want the invite which i appreciate by the way but why would i want gmail over say outlook express ? just so i know . . gimme the sales pitch mr pontiac . . i KNOW you can do it lol

oh yeah . . [email protected]
gonna go finish putting my recently painted dash back together i guess IM me or email me and ill get back to you when i get back to the pc

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
GMail is so controvertial because of the way it provides 2GB of mailspace.
What it does, is when you read the email, it configures ads to show to you.....by searching your email for keywords, and it forms the ads relating to that. It's speculated to make google lots of money...if people don't mind programs "searching" their emails.
I personlly don't mind how it works but I have a good email address anyway :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
keyan that is probably the nicest way of putting the definition of spyware and adware and malicious code that will bog your computer down till you contemplate suicide or smashing it in with a baseball bat because you are hopeless and helpless and none of the adware spyware virus programs will delete these stupid pests . . . . ahhh invasion of privacy . . . maybe i'll sue

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keyan said:
GMail is so controvertial because of the way it provides 2GB of mailspace.
What it does, is when you read the email, it configures ads to show to you.....by searching your email for keywords, and it forms the ads relating to that. It's speculated to make google lots of money...if people don't mind programs "searching" their emails.
I personlly don't mind how it works but I have a good email address anyway :)
1. It's only 1gb, not 2gb...but still, honestly, who in the HELL could use 1gb of mail storage for day-to-day e-mails?

2. No human will ever read your e-mail. The search bot works in the same exact way as the Adwords, like when you run a search on google.com and the advertisements show up on the right-hand side tailored to what you're looking for.

3. Invites are all gone, sorry guys. Was first come first serve by PM and AIM.

·
Registered
499 Posts
www.aventuremail.com gives 2GB of space but it sux, imho.
Many people say that Gmail is awesome.
I like Yahoo. Fast and reliable. 100mb is more than enough for me.
Hopefully, Microsoft will increase Hotmail's storage space too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlueGT said:
Many people say that Gmail is awesome.
Cause it is. :)
BlueGT said:
I like Yahoo. Fast and reliable. 100mb is more than enough for me.
You can NEVER have too much storage space.
BlueGT said:
Hopefully, Microsoft will increase Hotmail's storage space too.
Don't count on that...they actually lowered their storage space on new accounts starting last year and have been cancelling accounts left and right that go over 90% of their quota more than 3 times in a 3 month time period. Read their ToS, SLA, and EULA...they're getting strict.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
blah, i have a server with 10 gig of email space if i want to use it, hell i could allocate 50 gig for one email, but why? I mean jeez, burn a lot of crap to a disc, pay the 2bucks to ship it out. Why anyone needs more than 10meg, and that is insane for email is beyond me.

Get mIRC if you want pr0n or files. Why do it through email?

shawn :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts