Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had A few old XD rotors around and decided to play.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
are you running a retro fitted Boss9? that's what we did. Me and a buddy made a load of mitsu parts with it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you running a retro fitted Boss9? that's what we did. Me and a buddy made a load of mitsu parts with it.
No it's a Jet JDM-15 mill/drill

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
No it's a Jet JDM-15 mill/drill
ooooooh I'm envious. wanna make some manifold flanges for the 1.5 so I can make an equal length turbo manifold? I have the CAD files somewhere.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooooooh I'm envious. wanna make some manifold flanges for the 1.5 so I can make an equal length turbo manifold? I have the CAD files somewhere.
http://www.cambam.co.uk/ <--- use this software and draw it out again. This even creates the G-code to run the machine.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
will do. Pm me with your e-mail.

Did you ever think of making phenolic spacers? I mean if you have accens to the machinery it should be a cake walk. and you could make some side cash.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do. Pm me with your e-mail.

Did you ever think of making phenolic spacers? I mean if you have accens to the machinery it should be a cake walk. and you could make some side cash.
Yes I have. And I'm in the process of finding a cheap supplier for materials

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
sweet I'm looking at this cambam now. I'll have it mastered in a week or so. I'm good with stuff like this, although everything I learned from Bill, he is the mad scientist.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
wanna make me some slotted rotors? out of regular oem rotors? if ud be interested, pm me so we can talk more n i can give u details.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
cool video and i'd be down for a spacer whenever you have them available

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
wanna make me some slotted rotors? out of regular oem rotors? if ud be interested, pm me so we can talk more n i can give u details.
with the price of them on ebay, itd probably be easier to buy them that way then to get them from him, pay him to slot them, then ship them to you

now, if he was within a short drive of you, different story

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
no. i have sonata rotors... and i dont wanna pay 200$ for front n rears... when i can buy a set for like 40 or 50 bucks, n have him slot them n thats it.

i dont want drilled rotors, only slotted. n i need the 11" 4lug sonata rotor.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I've done this for a friend on his 240sx rotors but I'm not sure if I'm going to do them for people I don't know. There is just too much liability in modifying brake parts. With my luck the rotor will crack at the slot rip a pad off then you would crash into a bus load of Nuns and children. Ofcourse this is worst case. LOL..

·
Carpe Noctum
2,462 Posts
no. i have sonata rotors... and i dont wanna pay 200$ for front n rears... when i can buy a set for like 40 or 50 bucks, n have him slot them n thats it.

i dont want drilled rotors, only slotted. n i need the 11" 4lug sonata rotor.
You do realize that shipping 4 rotors to him and back to you will cost about $150 right?

·
Carpe Noctum
2,462 Posts
U do realize I only have front discs. Drums in the back. But besides I was just curious. That's all.
Then why did you say you don't wanna pay $200 for front and rears? Why would you buy rears at all if you have drums?

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
pete probably only seen the available in a package deal and he'd have no need for the rears so it'd be a waste of rotors

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts