Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the SS Autochrome manifold. It's not great but not too bad either.
Hopefully, Elantra2.001 will do some of his voodoo magic and make it better. ;)
Here are some pix before someone posts that smiley!

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Sweet man! When is the rest of it going to come together? :bowdown:
On a side note, Blue, I hope you don't have the EXD plate in your sig, since I wanna steal it and actually get it for my car :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it from onpol (Tibby guy, well used to be, now has EVO I think) for a little over $100.
The rest is coming soon.
Joe, that license plate is still available! ;)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
you might want to use an angle grinder and work off some of the metal on the flage for the passenger side... it will interfere with the power steering pump ...

you can try to get it on there without grinding and see if your particular one doesnt have that problem...

i had to grind a little bit off of mine to make it slide in easily...

also, you may have to cut some of the studs for it to allow the manifold to slide all the way back against the cylinder head...

:)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the tips, Ford!
Actually, I might get rid of power steering. But I have not decided yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah , my friend just got a 95 GSR, the guy that had it beofre him removed the power steering, thing is a BITCH to park!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah ill work the manifold a bit, see if i cant make it as pretty as mine.;) Im gonna see if i can get a hold of that ceramic coating stuff and do yours and mine at the same time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't know much about cars so i was wondering, what kind of performance will say a turbocharger or supercharger give to someone with an automatic? Is it not worth the trouble?

Also what kind of parts and stuff are needed to turbocharge or supercharge our cars?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Billydog, you can certainly turbocharge your automatic. It all depends on what your WHP goal is.
Pashka, I am gonna go with piggyback for now. I can reach 250whp with that no problem. Later on, if I feel the need, I will upgrade to stand alone.
Tor, you are my boy! I know you got my back! :thumbsup:

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Blue, are you going to try to get a PerfectPower SMT6?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts