Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just found this forum and will learn much I am sure! Please excuyse the noobieness :)

I Just purchased a 2003 Elantra GLS. Drives great, looks nice. While washing it I noticed a small dime size bubble on the drivers side roof, but it wasn't cracked. Still had clearcoat on it. So I took it to the dealer and he looked at it and said it looked like to him there was something underneath when it was clearcoated, meaning at some point it was painted. the top, The door,the the frame around the door, everything looks ok, no overspray, NO signs if it being painted. original stickers on the windows etc...Autocheck was run and it came up ok. he also mentioned this... there are 3 stickers on the bottom/side of the inside door frame...one just the VIN, one showing tire inflation info, and the 3rd showing manufacturing date/weight paint codes and all that. He said the third sticker should be on the door itself. Can anyone give me any ideas on what could be going on? others owners have said it's on the door, while a 2002 owner said all three where where mine are? is it common for the location to differ like this? My main concern is of course something happened to the car that I dont know about.

Could a MOD move this post to the "help" forum, so maybe it'll generate a repsonse :) thanks! appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Well dave since no one else is saying anything, Hi and welcome to the club. Just a quick note since I'm at work, some people have had problems with paint on their roofs. if you go the "at work" post at around the second page you'll find an off topic(since there are no rules in the "at work" thread) post about this very thing. this guy is having the same problem and he talks about what is going on or what has happened as far as the dealer fixing this for him. sounds like your dealer isnt giving yoiu as much of a problem as this guy's is. . . but just to let you know, you arent the first person i have heard mention this. get them to fix it immediately if you still have warranty which you should. good luck

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at the thread. As for the location of the vehicle ID sticker/plate. Anyone else with a 2003 have the ID sticker not on the door? yup I did run a carfax (how reliable are they?), came back clean. I don't see any evidence of a paint job, no overspray, tape marks etc...thanks
dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts