Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Hyundai states that the GT has "euro-tuned" suspension compared to the GLS. So does anybody actually know what the differences are? Are the struts the same and the springs different? Or the other way around, same springs, different struts? Just wondering if anyone knows.

P.S. When I bought my GT, the dealer actually pointed to the hydraulic clutch reservoir next to the strut tower and told me that it was a reservoir for the sport tuned struts. I got a good laugh out of that one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i think both springs and struts are 10-20% stiffer... too lazy to actually go find out now but that's how i remember it as.

Also GT has thicker front and rear sway bars, but only like 1mm difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...I would have suspected just stiffer springs but I would almost believe that both are stiffer. After putting just a tibby sway bar in, the car handles as good, if not better than my old Acura that had ground control coilovers with Eibachs. Feels amazingly stiff for stock springs and struts.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think we were ever able to find actual numbers on the differences. If I ever get around to putting the GT struts on the GLS maybe Angel can let you know the difference

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have the 2001 and 2002 Hyundai Elantra and the part numbers are the same for the GT and the GLS. So unless someone like hyundaifixer says different i would say they are the same. But that is just me, i dont know shiot :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah, i test drove both before i picked mine out, the GT didn't handle enough better than the GLS, so i figured i'd save the 4 g's and build a much better suspension setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts