Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like posting pics of the destruction/construction that is happening to my Elantra! :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
How long did that take? In particular, the rear seat and the passenger front seat?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ummmm I don't mean to alarm you my man but someone seems to have absconded with your interior. What madcap adventure has inspired this?

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeah good job no go the rest of the way
take out the under dash panel and the door panels then take out your head liner then drill your hood for a lighter piece and take out your spare then tint your windows and go smoke some hondas.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually...sorry to spoil your joke Super, but I use a patio chair!! :cool:

LOL...I have use of my parents 01 GLS for the next 5 days while I finish this. :)

If you are all wondering, I am dynamatting/dynashielding the whole car (see my post about my completed trunk) and running the amp wiring for my stereo.

Hope to get the swaybar installed today.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I recommend adding Dynamat to the inside of the center console before you put it back in the car. I did this in mine and it makes a BIG difference in interior noise. Something about all that hollow plastic acting as a echo chamber. Excellent to see someone doing the Dynamat thing all the way, good work.

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
-hmmm now where did that annoying rattle come from?!!!?--
seems like a great way to reduce rattling inside the car...

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
Mad props to ur hard work by the way... but I don't get any rattling inside my car. My Bass sounds real clear and deep. The only rattling I did get was outside on my license plate but I took care of that.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well...the entire back half of the car is now dynamatted....when I finish in a couple of days, I will post pics again.

·
Registered
732 Posts
How much did all of that cost, and where did you get it? I wish i had the time to do it.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
door kit was 50 on ebay an it cost 240 for the 2 bulk pacs on ebay...and the cans of dynashield are $25 each in the local audio shop....then the roller is a few bucks and so is the cutter (they really make the job much easier)...figure you are looking at around $350 and ALL THE TIME to do it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts