Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the misleading header but here is a question. Has anyone removed the coin box under the HU and tried to flush mount a single din in the middle of the hole? I had to go three different places before I found someone with the skill needed to get the install right in my car. Apparently putting a single DIN chassis in a sunken dash is a lost art. If anyone has pics of the results post them please!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I believe Illan had his regular cd player there in the spot you are talking about and his DVD in the top spot for his video in his wrecked 2003.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually thinking of the HU right in the middle so you wouldn't have the funky overlap with the surrounding fascia. If i ever do get the SAFC I'll put it where the coin box is now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
slvrsleeper said:
I was actually thinking of the HU right in the middle so you wouldn't have the funky overlap with the surrounding fascia. If i ever do get the SAFC I'll put it where the coin box is now.
Wouldnt that leave a space above and below the hu?

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
You could get one of these...its actually pretty cool...I am using it in my car as soon as I get a chance to install it.

Just putting an idea out there ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking black plexiglass above and below the HU. I thought having the stereo right in the middle of the panel would be really unique. And it would eliminate that awkward overhang that happens when you try to flush mount a single DIN radio in the original position.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. Yes, but not with felt; it's rubber or something
2. Yes it would fit
3. I don't know cost, it came stock in my girlfriend's '04
4. Yes, it is standard DIN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts