1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sole USA XD in Holland
1,207 Posts
it says in the ebay auction that u can order it in the cars colour. why didnt u do that?

as far as installing. idk... any pre drilled holes in the lip? that might be an indication wether to use 3m tape or actual screws

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its extra and its never the right color. besides, I would rather get the paint done around here. theres holes, but nothing that would be used for an install.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
3m tape should hold it fine. Just make sure the area is free of dirt and wax before sticking it down.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so i guess my next question is, where can I get 3m tape. lol would they have it at say Canadian Tire?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
nope, well, you can use the 3m foam double stick tape, but that 0.5 mm foam or whatever would cause a thick gap.
You need the 3m VHB thin double stick tape... you don't want the superthin stuff with no "backing"- you need that small amount of "cushiness" to fill in small imperfections... Stuff I've seen is about 1/3 the thickness of the 3m command adhesive double-stick tabs. I don't remember the product number but you can look through the stuff on the 3m website.
However, the main problem is that it's hard to find "consumer amounts" of it- 3m sells it only in large large rolls or 144 packs or whatever, so you have to find a distributor who resells single rolls or cut amounts. You can ask 3m for a sample, but you only get a couple of feet of it. You could check with body shops- they may have something they use to stick molding on...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
A.K.A. ItalianSausage
4,131 Posts
there is a kind of 3m tape already attached to it. i had a shop install mine, but they royally ****ed it up and i had to fix it as best i could. mine does not fit absolutely perfect now due to their **** ups, but it is a very simple install. just make sure you use a flat spray paint on anything you drill for rust protection. i didnt, and regret it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theres no tape attached to it, its just the spoiler. i really don't want to drill anything so will either use tape or the silicone glue

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
If it's an OEM lip spoiler for the XD2, YOU CAN NOT 3M OR GLUE IT ON!!!

It is also not simple to install, because the Hyundai directions neglect to tell you the you need a decent size hole saw for the end studs!!! The template has the two different sizes on it (four mounting points).

I'll check the details when I get home and I'll post about it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k, so I was looking at it again and im not sure if tape will work as there is almost like a dip in the spoiler where it would connect. it says on the listing to use silicone glue, but on the pics it has bolts. On mine there is three holes, one at each end like in the pic and one in the middle. theres no boly in it, just two holes.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
You Paid 80 Dollars to ship it. WTF. BOB

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
What you need to get is 3m VHB (very high bond) I'm not sure where you can buy it. but it is the best of the best 3m double sided tapes.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i may just go to the shop that I was going to get to install it and ask for some from them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts