Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

HatchetMan

22K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  HatchetMan 
#1 · (Edited)
BEFORE​

MODS

{Performance}
custom bent 2.25" catback exhaust w/ cat exit opened up to 2.25", 3' glasspack, no resonator, chrome oval tip;
K&N panel air filter(#33-2201);
stock intake resonator box removed;
custom MSD 8.5mm plug wires <-- replaced w/ NGK
Bosch +4 platinum plugs <-- replaced w/ NGK
8 gauge red ground wires w/ gold connects;
heavy duty brass battery terminals;
clutch slave cylinder spring removal;
Red Line Water Wetter;

{Suspension}
OEM '03 Tib 19.2mm rear anti-sway bar, bushings & metal endlinks;
RRM front strut bar;
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs;

{Interior}
OEM '03 Tib aluminum m/t pedals & footrest;
OEM '03 Tib cabin filter;
Korean spec OEM chrome door catches;
B&M short shifter;
"The Simpsons" front seat covers <-- eventually ripped and so removed
tint: 5% visor, 32% front sides, 22% rear sides & 5% on hatch;
body color gauge bezel;
OEM trunk cargo tray & net;
OEM woodgrain dash trim <-- needs to be replaced w/ carbon fiber

{Exterior}
KDM chrome headlights;
'04 OEM taillights w/ 1157 red 24 Matrix LEDs (stop) and 1157 silver red SilverVision bulbs(turn);
Korean spec OEM projector fog lights <-- back to stock fogs now
Roadmax Xenon H1(high), H3(fog) & H7(low) <-- great while they lasted, back to stock now
Sylvania SilverStar 1157(front turns) <-- replaced w/ silver amber SilverVision bulbs
sparkle(red,green,yellow,orange,blue)1156(reverse) <-- replaced w/ silver super white SilverVision bulbs
chrome door handles;
hatch debadged & then chrome "Avante XD" & "Racing" badges added;
chrome skull & cross bones w/ red jeweled eyes licence frame;
dual (high&low) horns (130db ea);
Korean spec OEM high rise rear spoiler, painted body color;
EuroStyle rubber antenna <-- replaced w/ stock, didn't like reception
OEM mud guards(front&rear);
OEM sunroof wind deflector;
body color brake calipers & various engine components;

{Wheels}
RVM S-1 triple chrome 17x7 +40mm offset(19 lbs ea);
Essenza 210 Type R 215/45HR17(380 A A,22.5 lbs ea);
McGard chrome,closed end,locking SplineDrive lug nuts;
metal hub centric rings;
Mr.Gasket chrome lug hole plugs;

{Stereo}
Pioneer DEH-P3500 CD Receiver;
Pioneer TS-C1653 6-1/2" Component System(front);
Pioneer TS-G1647 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers(rear);
SSI America neo car jukebox MP3 player w/ 120GB & Pioneer CDC adapter;
Dynamat throughout;

AFTER​

MP3 Player Mounted Under My Seat

And because leather gets so damn hot in AZ, I got these on for a couple of months out of the year.

ENGINE​

See less See more
#6 ·
MMMM chrome... BLING! I'm gonna get those chrome handles. I just haven't decided on the full replacements or the chome covers. Yours are covers right? Should get the chrome mirrors too. Looks great!

#8 ·
yevRPS said:
looks hot.....any plans to run fro COTM?
Very good question. Maybe next month. I was actually trying to get some more modding done 1st, but then my wife & I bought a new 3,000+ sq ft home. That's gonna put a stop to the xd fund for a while, especially since kids are next on the list for this young couple.

#9 ·
Looks good. The tails look really nice on that color. To me though, the red and chrome don't match, but I think because you have the wheels matching the door handles that you can get away with it looking pretty nice. I'd suggest the Korean Bumper strips to get rid of the sidemarkers, it would look extra clean and finish off the KDM look (fogs, badges, spoiler, etc).

Keep up the good work.

#10 ·
SuperGLS said:
Looks good. The tails look really nice on that color. To me though, the red and chrome don't match, but I think because you have the wheels matching the door handles that you can get away with it looking pretty nice. I'd suggest the Korean Bumper strips to get rid of the sidemarkers, it would look extra clean and finish off the KDM look (fogs, badges, spoiler, etc).

Keep up the good work.
If we can get a group buy on the bumper strips to get them in cheap enough, then I would be in. Otherwise, I'll probably wait hoplessly for clear sidemarkers. thanks though :)

#16 ·
you know i almost didnt post but i just gotta admit your car looks really really nice . . you have even got me thinking chrome now which isnt even something i thought i would like. i love your car man . . . it looks beautiful . . . congratulations . . honestly . . marvelous work . . . beautiful!! inspiring too!

#17 · (Edited)
EliteElantra02 said:
DUDE, Your car is SWEEEEET!!! I love it. There is only one suggestion that I have. Maybe consider switching your interior kit over to Carbon Fiber or Brushed Aluminum. The Burlwood just doesn't fit the image of the car anymore. But I mean, even if you don't your car ROCKS!!
Thanks for the feedback! The car actually came with the wood (plastic), I told the dealer that I wasn't paying for it because I wanted carbon fiber, so they deducted the amount off the sticker. After driving it for approx 25K miles, it has really just kind of grown on me. I can't explain why, but I actually like it now (and it was free). I figured that there would be some people not liking a) the chrome & b) the faux wood. Oh wells... :)

felixr said:
you know i almost didnt post but i just gotta admit your car looks really really nice . . you have even got me thinking chrome now which isnt even something i thought i would like. i love your car man . . . it looks beautiful . . . congratulations . . honestly . . marvelous work . . . beautiful!! inspiring too!
Thanks! Hmmm....maybe I will put it up for COTM next month...just gotta get that engine bay degreased, heck I'm putting that chore on my to do list for this weekend right now. :D

#20 ·
:D Thanks! I had never even heard of the brand of my rims before - RVM. Could not find them anywhere else either, so I got them to be different. I emailed the seller asking what the heck RVM was and how come he was the only one selling them. He said it's an all new brand just hitting the market, about to be featured in such publications as DUB magazine, and blah blah blah. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with them or the way the Essenza's look on them. As for car of the year, I think you gotta have a body kit, turbo, and an HDTV mounted in your dash or something like that. This is just my daily driver with 26K mi, but I still love it! I'd settle for car of the month - hint hint ;)

#21 ·
Ah. there's just something about the chrome and red combo that makes me smile. Everytime I click this thead it makes me happy. I'd do it (the chrome) too, but on a silver car, it may look out of place. I dunno, still on the fence about those door handles, but your car is still awesome. Good luck in COTM.

Now, what's left in your plans? There's no such thing as being done. What's next?

#22 ·
Now, what's left in your plans? There's no such thing as being done. What's next?
SuperGLS was right, I need the bumper strips to complete the KDM look. I really want the J-Speed underdrive crank, water pump, and power steering pulleys from kspec, got screwed by sharkracing. A header and CAI further down the road. High flow cat once I reach 50K mi. I'm so broke right now though, busy too, what with buying a new house and all. I think my next step is to submit my car to the hyundaiusa.com customs page. Maybe I can be featured right next to yours :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.