Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , just bought artic wite light / relpaced stock but im not getting the effect i want. still not luminius enough, was thinking on removing the cap that sits over the light bulb .??
i have a 2001 gls sedan
thanks

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I dont think that will help you too much but I could be wrong! I put blue in mine and it is working great Hi and low beams

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Taking the cap out will not be a good thing. It focuses the light so with it gone, you'll be blinding everyone. I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find a set of bulbs that I like, and the cheapest ones are the best. They really do look just like HID bulbs. You can order them here, or I can sell them to you from my auto parts store.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I found this review to be very helpful.

Footnote: I also installed Xenon bulbs, but only for the front low and high beams. They were originally Eurolite H1 and H7 55W bulbs. I must say that the Eurolite bulbs are a waste of time, and in no time at all I was looking for something better. John Gordon introduced me to the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs and these were a dramatic improvement! Bright, white and almost like HID. The beam pattern is also much wider than stock. Thanks to John, you can check these photos out for a great comparison between Stock, Sylvania Silverstar Xenon bulbs, HID [Photo 1, Photo 2], and Roadmax Xenon bulbs [Photo 1, Photo 2]. John thinks that the Roadmax bulbs are brighter than the Xtreme Whites but you be the judge [Photo 1, Photo 2 and Photo 3]. One thing is for sure, the Roadmax bulbs are a better buy as they are cheaper. -- Wayne.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have "german's whitest" search it on ebay. they are awesome...super bright...kinda too bright for me. i light up the tall signs on the highway and stuff...gotta figure out how to fix that..but yeah. search ebay, they are awesome. super white, no blue or purple or yellow tint, beautiful.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hatchet, Eurolite make a variety of diff. bulbs. I use the Fusion series myself. The Xenon Crystal and High watt Eurolites do suck. But, the medium watt Fusion's are the best ones I have tried yet. I bought about 15 sets of diff ones over the years, and I am impressed by these. The only others that were even close were the Hyper brand low watt bulbs. Those are very hard to find and very expensive.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Al & Colleen said:
hi all , just bought artic wite light / relpaced stock but im not getting the effect i want. still not luminius enough, was thinking on removing the cap that sits over the light bulb .??
i have a 2001 gls sedan
thanks
None of the aftermarket bulbs that you get with some kind of coating to the bulb will be more luminous. I've tried many brands over the years, from cheap ones to the very expensive PIAA's from Japan. I prefer the OEM bulbs over any blue coated bulb on the market.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm tellin ya. Try the Eurolite Fusions. They will surprise the hell out of you. The whole reason that they are more luminous is that they use a combination of different gasses. They use xenon and krypton, instead of Halogen gasses. These gasses burn more efficiantly producing more light with the same amount of wattage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts