Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I've been trolling the website for several hours now, and I can't seem to get the answer I need.

Thanks in advance for all the help and troubleshooting I've done to date...

My car: 2005 Elantra 5-Door Base

My problem is this: All of a sudden I've lost all my left marker lights (Tail and front fender) as well as my defrost, and I don't hear my A/C relay anymore either even though the light turns on/off as I push the button -my defrost won't turn on whatsoever.

I've checked all fuses, and they're fine. I'm only getting ~2v. from LH fuse circuit though. I've swapped and checked everything I can think of, and I'm a bit paranoid it might be this ETACS controller?!?

I'm supposed to drive from Ottawa to NH this weekend to pick up a motorcycle, and this needs to be fixed ASAP.

I'll attempt to call the local dealer first thing in the AM as well, but they'll likely want to keep the car for days and insist that no electrical troubleshooting can be done over the phone.

So, I'm in a huge pinch here and I'd appreciate any/all help.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was so tired last night I didn't even notice that I forgot to mention that the dash and HVAC lights were out too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! I was excited to see a response this AM. I absolutely must have the use of my car by weekend, so I'm really feeling the crunch...

Welcome to EXD! enjoy your stay.......
for the marker lights it sounds like the fuse buy the steering wheel, pull it out and take a realy good look at it.
I've pulled the fuse and checked for continuity on all the fuses. All other fuses are also showing appropriate voltage when they should be.

This all must be related as it seems highly suspect that several circuits would go at once, no?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well that is an odd problem.i wanna have to say its something with the fuses, have you done any type of electrical work on your car recently? If so,maybe backtrack on that. Try replacing one of the side marker lights and see what happens. Or replace the fuse for one of the areas that is giving you problems, even though you think the fuse may be good.The only reason I say that is cause when I troubleshoot anything I start with the easiest test and progress to more complicated test in order to pin point the problem. To bad I'm not to experienced .hopefully some of this advice helps ya out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts