Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just had a VIPER alarm system installed yesterday but for some reason the company who installed it said they couldn`t interface alarm with the central locking :mad:

So i still have to unlock car by key :mad: :mad:

Someone here know how i can connect the factory central locking upto my alarm without going the aftermarket central locking route?

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
the solution depends on whether your central locking is keyless or not. if you have keyless, the installer should have been able to figure it out. very easy. if you don't have keyless, and you must lock the car with the key or by manually switching the driver's door lock (which i think is the case since you mentioned using your key, but i wanted to confirm), then your installer was correct. in that case you need to have an actuator installed in the driver's door, and the aftermarket alarm will control that. the reason for this is that on cars without keyless, only three doors have actuators, while the driver's door is manual. the lock triggers a switch which activates the other doors' actuators.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for help guys but installer said something about rods bending if they attach actuator or something

i am complete dumbass when it comes to this type of stuff so bare with me :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts