Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Detailer
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I been looking for the past 2 day for a new stock or aftermarket flex pipe and catalytic converter for my 02 Elantra GLS. I found one but its on eBay Here but cant find any others. Can some one help me.

I am going to look at this 02 Elantra tomorrow for parts. I may just get it off of that if its still there and its a good price.

Anyone know of any other sites???

I really don't want to take it to a shop or weld any thing.

·
Detailer
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to a muffler shop and have them cut out and weld in a new piece.
I was thinking about that to but I don't really want to pay $160 or more for the flex pipe to be welded on when I can get a new flex pipe and a cat for like $200+ and I can bolt it on.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Shops are specialized in these things though, so it might be worth it...depending on how good they are.

J.w. why dont ya wanna weld anything?

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
i had an ENTIRE flex pipe section made from scratch for only 100 bucks dude.

if they charge u 160 just to weld in a new flex,... then go some where else.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
i found a flex pipe ling 2" at autozone for 20 bucks then had somebody weld it in for 30 bucks

i took the pipe off the car and brought it to them.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
^ same flex pipe i bought. only reason why they charged me a 100 bucks is because they had to make me an entire new flex pipe from scratch to fit my new header, other wise it wud have been that cheap also.

·
Detailer
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i found a flex pipe ling 2" at autozone for 20 bucks then had somebody weld it in for 30 bucks

i took the pipe off the car and brought it to them.
That's not bad. I just got to find a good/cheap place to get it welded on. And I think I just did find a place that will do it for free I got to go to AutoZone and get the part. NICE

OK so I stopped at AutoZone and found this flex pipe. But looks a little small and I think its the same one Pete03GLS is talking about. Here are some pic I took.

Does any one know of any others? I kind of want to get a longer one. And need it be for 1pm tomorrow(that's when it gets fixed)

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
might be too small. the one i used was a 2" ID... but then again.... they used 2" piping to make my new flex pipe... so u may or may not have issues with the 1 3/4's

·
Detailer
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
might be too small. the one i used was a 2" ID... but then again.... they used 2" piping to make my new flex pipe... so u may or may not have issues with the 1 3/4's
I am going to drive around to auto stores tomorrow.
And try to find one that is 8in long and will fit right over my stock pipe 2" ID.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
$160 is a lot more reasonable than the $1100 the dealership charges for the whole new section plus replacement. I paid around the same when my flex went.

·
Detailer
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$160 is a lot more reasonable than the $1100 the dealership charges for the whole new section plus replacement. I paid around the same when my flex went.

OFF SUB

I really hate the dealership over here even if my cuzin runs it.
The shop at the dealership just suck and is bull ****.
LOL My girl took her car there 5 time in 1 months for the same thing and they just made it worse every time. And all they had to do was put a new stock head unit in because the head unit was not working right and it still doesn't work the way it should. Good thing it was free.

Dealership LOL they should call them Slealerships. They just try to take peoples money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts