Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today after school my brother locked his keys in the trunk of the elantra. with no second key to use, we called a locksmith. she set off a alarm trying to get in and in doing that locked the trunk. is there any other way to get back there? (trunk button not working)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
A locksmith should be able to get the front doors open even if the alarm is going off. Then you can either put the backseats down and get the keys or just open the trunk, right?

My Elantra doesn't have an alarm so I'm not sure how it all works.

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
A locksmith should be able to get the front doors open even if the alarm is going off. Then you can either put the backseats down and get the keys or just open the trunk, right?

My Elantra doesn't have an alarm so I'm not sure how it all works.
That should work...Just get into the front of the car and pull the back seats down to get at the keys...if the alarm won't shut off, pop the hood and disconnect the battery...then u may have to contact Hyundai to figure out how to shut the alarm off. good luck..and let us know how u make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, it is IN the trunk i took the bottom of the back seat out but didnt bring any sockets with me so no luck on the seat backs. also the trunk latch button is not working. and every time we open the car the alarm goes off. any pointers? disconnect the battery?

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
But there should still be a trunk pop latch in the cabin right?
There is. It is a button on the drivers door, but it won't work if the alarm is armed. That can be bypassed by disconnecting the battery, then reconnecting it.

When the alarm is armed, the trunk release and the door lock/unlock button are disabled. You have to use a key or the remote to disarm the system. When you disconnect the battery, it resets the alarm system.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
so ok. i went to the car this morning, popped the negative terminal off, left it off for 15 minutes and when i went to put it on. ALARM. is there any other way?
No. It needs a key, OR remote to turn it off. You can go to the dealer with your VIN and have a key cut, which will turn it off.

I did check and the only way to turn off the alarm is a key or remote.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.