Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed the workshop manual instructions that get thrown around quite often. Still stuck and afraid that applying too much pressure to the dashboard will break it. I know that there appear to be guide pins holding in the dashboard, but it's very stubborn and wont move so I can't take it out. I've removed all the bolts and the nut that holds the dash...

Can anybody whose removed the dashboard/crashpad, please tell me how they got it out? Would appreciate it greatly.

P.S I've followed the instructions given in the manual but the dash is still stuck. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Are you talking about the dashboard itself or the dashboard bezel? I have never removed a dashboard but I have removed the dashboard bezel in both the XD and XD2 many, many, many times.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I can't help you there, unfortunately. I have never removed the dash. I think Songee and Ilanpro have but they haven't been on in while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was long time ago and I not ever 100% sure that it was Elantra dash, but I remember some kind of plastic clips/locks at the both side of dash panel, so you'll probably need to push/unlock these clips with small screwdriver or something like this to remove panel.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
It was long time ago and I not ever 100% sure that it was Elantra dash, but I remember some kind of plastic clips/locks at the both side of dash panel, so you'll probably need to push/unlock these clips with small screwdriver or something like this to remove panel.
That's the dash cover or bezel you are talking about. You don't need a screwdriver for those clips, only the screws. Just pull on the bezel after you take out the four screws and the clips will release.

However, he is talking about the dash itself which is another thing entirely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are probably bolts in the firewall. but this is the stage I am at currently.
-all the bolts out
-that one nut behind the gauge cluster out
If there are no bolts in the firewall then why is it so stuck? How do I remove it without breaking it XD?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, I talking about dash itself. I checked my records, I replaced dash on two cars, Mitsubishi Mirage and Hyundai Excel (not Elantra), and remove and reinstall dash on my Toyota Previa van. Every time it was just a few screws/bolts only, and dash come off without any problem. Maybe he missed some of these bolts? Electrical connectors and speedometer cable (Elantra do not have one, like Previa) had enough play to disconnect them when panel was lifted. There is the picture from my 2003 Elantra service manual:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Those are instructions for removing the dash bezel, not the dash itself.

Just out of curiosity, why are you removing the dash? That is something that is almost never done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is about 10 or so bolts secure dash to vehicle body... But I see from the picture that your car have steering wheel on the right side. I have shop manual for mine car with left-hand steering. If you want I can make pictures for dash removal and post it there today or tomorrow...By the way, my shop manual call this dash as "main crash pad"...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes Oleg, please send instructions. Information for this is not easy to find on the internet. Please show us how thank you! !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made a few pictures with my phone from my 2003 Elantra shop manual. Sorry for pics quality, I do not have scanner now, but I hope you can get some useful information from these photos.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts