Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove my engine cover and keep the DOHC 16V cover over the spark plugs? I used my 3/8 to remove the cover and the whole thing comes off.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
I love the art my friend. you, in all liklihood, have a 2003 or newer motor. and as far as that plastic shit goes, its all or nothing

·
Registered
175 Posts
i was wondering the same thing this morning and figured mabey if you bought a 2002- down cover and made an adapteryou could bolt the cover to the adapter and then bolt the adapter to the engine

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
K, odd, my engine looks the same as that......and that silver section comes off with the black plastic cover??? Mind you, mine is an 02, maybe 03's were made different, I dunno. I took my cover off, painted it and put it back on without having that silver section removed.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
There are two different designs for the engine cover out there. If you have extra holes in the valve cover where the 01&02 smaller cover would bolt on you could just find one and slapp it on. Otherwise you'd be looking at a new valve cover and at that point it just wouldn't be worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts