Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right..I have pretty much gutted my interior preparing for a complete Dynamatting....but I cant get the rear bottom seat cushion off. I need to get this off in order to remove the carpet because it is attached under the cushion.

I have pushed and lifted, pulled and lifted and just yanked it upwards to no avail.....check the picture (cant control the pic size..sorry)...how do I release that?

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
Hma does not give any details either for your seat. If they are hooks (as HMA says they are) then there might be some sort of release switch right around the area on the bottom of the seat, did you feel around the area with your hands? Or try squeezing the metal bars together with your fingers? Just some suggestions to try.

Edit: ok, sounds like 04 Elantra CVVT knows the solution. use his.

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
04CVVT you have been my savior in the past few days....the lights, the trunk vent, the rear seat..thanks so much.

To let you know, I am currently working on the 04 M&S carart grill..i mean dremeling it, and filling it to try to get it decent enough to paint and install flush/properly.

As far as the carpet issue...I might not use the carpet....have to see!

I will be posting all my mods in the upcoming 1-2 weeks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.