Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Oooh Car-Football Friend!
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thought I'd take some time to say hello to you all and introduce myself :)

My name is Dann and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have just purchased a 2001MY (10/2000) Elantra GLS hatch, Parrot Blue in colour. For its age and mileage (128000km/79500mi) its in pretty good shape aside from minor paint imperfections and scratches and a near worn clutch, and the interior is near new :)

Nothing really planned in the way f mods for the moment aside from repainting the bonnet and maybe a set of 16" or 17" mags.

Ideally, if money wasn't a factor, I'd fit a Ground Dynamics Elantra Skyline V-fiber front bar and sideskirts and a Artsports/GT Wing rear bar ;)

Some pics:

I look forward getting to know you all :)

Vodevil :cool:

·
아반떼XDC
528 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the drive. Lower with some nice fat rims would all it need....very nice.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

LeShadow said:
I don't remember seeing any other parrot blue Elantra !

The color is nice.
Thanks LeShadow :) Parrot Blue is my favourite colour of those available in Elantras in Australia and there weren't many about in the colour, so I was a bit lucky that way :)

Dann, welcome to EXD!

They had a bunch of cool colors in Australia for the 2001-2003 Elantras. Didn't they have a yellow available?
Thanks SuperGLS :D They did, two different shades of yellow.. The XDs had a kind of pastel yellow and the XD2s had a brighter yellow colour available :)

Qyn said:
I want a better look at those wheels...
As SuperGLS said, they're OE Korea/Australia mags, for the GLS model (the GLs have wheelcovers), the XD GLS had two different types of mags in Australia, these ones for the 01-02 models and a six-spoke directional type for the 03-04, and another set again for the XD2 models. :)

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Songee623 said:
Welcome,

That's one more point for Manual's, eat it Auto's (;
Thanks guys! :D The manual in the Elantra does indeed beat the pants off the auto in the '85 Mazda 929 I owned previously :)
Not much of a yardstick admittedly, but a win is a win :D
The manual will be even more appreciated when the slipping clutch is replaced

1 - 10 of 10 Posts