Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE FINALLY

ORDER FROM WWW.HALOZ.BIZ/IMAGES/ELANTRA.HTM

These are the same kits as those available for the Tiburons, and Accents that I make. There are 4 rings included in each kit, 2 medium size, 2 large size.

My pricing with all haloz regardless of application is this

15 for small
20 for medium
25 for large

This kit starts at 90 dollars for the 4 rings. Any color, ask if you think I wont have it, I might.

How I price the kits is either single, or dual color angel eyes. Single just means there are two large LEDs, one facing each direction on the ring.

Dual color means there are 4 LEDs total in each ring, two facing each direction, the thing is that there are two different colors to switch the ring from, or you can even have both colors on at the same time making a third color.

Dual color starts at 130.

Wiring is as follows:

wiring 1: 5$
wiring 2: 10$
wiring 3: 20$

The wiring is very easy to connect and run into the car. I include T-taps and bullet style connectors easy to plug in/unplug.

wiring 1 uses just the wires for the parking lights, this means the Angel eyes will always come on when the parking lights are powered on.

Wiring 2 is simply wires and a switch so that you can flip them on and off from inside the car, using the switch where ever you decide to mount it.

Wiring 3 is simply two sets of wiring 2. This means you can control dual color angel eyes. You would connect one switch to the first color, and the next switch to your second color.

I'll update this thread with night shots once they come in, but so far granted these are in the day, you get the idea of what we are talking about.

I'll finish updating my website so you can order, sometime tonight.

Everyone who orders owes a big thanks to LuckyDevil (and his bro) for his 3 hour trip to my place today, and then his 3 hour trip back home, which was accompanied by a nice blown tire.

·
Poster God
531 Posts
if chris doesnt mine i can answer some of the question, if he doesn't beat me to it yes they come in all kinds of colors, and they should fit the 04 since the didnt really change to much but have to check with him and no they do not move at all nice a clean install that he did he can do it i think if you send the headlights but he will charge u. but he does excellent work. worth the money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll get that link up tonight, I should need to find all the sites I sell to and add them too.

Question one, I have very bright, actually my brightest, LEDs in white. Very nice.

Two: Yes I've searched around the web and found a few 04s, they have the same headlights. At least the Bezel is the same, which is what you mount them to. I dont know if they changed one of the reflectors or some little change, but I know the Angel eyes will work.

The site has been updated so you can order from there now. Plus I added the night shots on this page.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts

Here's a pic of my 04 the pic kinda sucks but u get the idea of what the difference is i'll get a better pic after this weekend

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the 04s will work just the same, thanks for the pic, a close up full frame front on pic of one headlight would kick ass, thanks.

C'mon lets get these things going, I just made the Elantra part of the website way better than the rest of the site. You gotta order, sniff sniff, you gotta :(

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
You know what would look crazy? Get a two-color and hook it up to a wig-wag so they flash the two colors.

-Roy

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
The head light unit is sealed, you will need to bake it in the oven for a bit.

Here's a DIY by Carbonman, the first part is taking the headlights apart.

DIY Custom Headlights

As for the complexity of this particlar install, I'm not sure, but getting the headlights apart is the reason I haven't install the Angel Eyes I made yet. They've been sitting in my garage for 6 months now. Kindof hard to bake your headlights when trying to keep it from your wife ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah its just a thing you have to get over, most people are not too quick to throw their headlights in the oven. Well think about this, I do this for a living. FULL TIME all day long every day of the week, I'm doing angel eyes, and custom installs, do you think I could possibly do this kind of work for a living, if there was even a chance that I would mess up a customers headlights by melting them in the oven.

This is how long it too us to get these things apart. I preheated the oven to 350º. Went out side with a ratchet, an extension, and a 10mm socket. We took out TWO bolts on each headlight, they are right there on top, 1 minute tops to pull all 4 screws out. Then we pulled the plugs out of the corner bulb, and then out from the main plug in the back. All of this is done in about 2 minutes from headlights bolted to the car, to you holding them in your hands on your way back to the oven.

Grab a cookie sheet, throw one light on there. Make sure the oven is at 350, then slide the cookie sheet in on the bottom rack. Time it for 3 minutes. once 3 has passed, open the door to the oven, and I like to rotate it 180º to assure that it gets an even spread of heat through out the seal. Pull it out after 1 or 2 minutes (so no more than 5 minutes total).

K now pull each side apart. Just use a flathead screw driver, and lift the tabs around the headlight, they'll be warm and easy to lift, now you just seperate the front lense from the main unit.

That is all done in about a 10 minute time frame, because unless you go watch TV while the oven is preheating, you should have only invested a couple minutes removing the headlights. Once the headlight comes out of the oven you only have say 2 or 3 minutes to get it apart before the seal starts cooling again. So its like you HAVE to work quick, but its all easy work.

That is so easy up to that point, I've done it on headlights for over 15 different models and makes of cars. Its all the same, you dont damage the light because you are only heating the seal, not the actuall plastic, the seal gets hot, while the hard plastic of the headlights only gets warm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok with that out of the way, now you have to pull three little screws from the bezel, and pull out the bezel, ALSO VERY EASY. You line up the rings with the bezels, and see where you need to make a mark to drill on. I use a 7/32 inch bit to drill the bottom hole for the wires, and a smaller bit for the top hole.

You only drill a total of 8 holes in the two bezels combined. Now you zip tie the ring to the top hole, with the wires running out to bottom hole, now just drill a 7/32" hole in the center bottom of the main unit so you can run the wires out of the headlight.

Put the bezel back in the lense, put the 3 screws back in, put the lense back on the unit w/ the wires coming out the hole in the bottom.

Pop them back on the cookie sheet for about 2 or 3 minutes, and just make sure when you take them out that you press them back together all the way around and pull the tabs back down.

I'd say if I had to do the job right now, with the angel eyes in my hands, I could do this job start to finish in no more than one hour.

Its fun work I think, and you'll love yourself when you finish.

Its like a few steps

1remove
2bake
3drill
4install
5bake
6reinstall

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i put mine in for 5 minutes on 350 to get them apart, it was fun clearing them

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i'll have a frontal pic of my car tonite hpefully

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool, well I'm pretty damn sure they'll be fine if you are still worried about it. Get me that pic just to finalize it, and you can order any time you'd like.

Good call on the convection ovens man, thanks.

Sorry guys, my domain name expired and my website went down over the weekend.

Everything is back up, so you should have no problem accessing the site now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Blacktib, I ordered a set of these and added that you shoud make a LED underglow kit for our cars. I would be interested in a blue set.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts