194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I and Colin have appts on Wednesday.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here is what happened when I tried to get mine fixed:

Quote right from invoice
"Tech was unable to perform due to the vehicle having aftermarket Oxygen Sensors and the customer having removing the Catalytic Converter"

I didn't even bother arguing with them.:jerkit:
The Service Mgr told me that the reflash wouldn't allow my car to run properly since I did all of these modifications. :bs:

They did fix my recall and my wind noise issue.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Now I am wondering: can they upload some kind of performance ECU map?
:diablo:

·
Registered
206 Posts
BlueGT said:
Now I am wondering: can they upload some kind of performance ECU map?
:diablo:
Yeah right, do you actually think they would do that?
I am sure they have the ability to do so, but I am sure it would be a cold day in Hell before a Hyundai Service Dept would actually upload a performance map.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
mcmmotorsports said:
Yeah right, do you actually think they would do that?
I am sure they have the ability to do so, but I am sure it would be a cold day in Hell before a Hyundai Service Dept would actually upload a performance map.
agreed....i went and they didnt even know what i was talking about!!
:eek:

·
Uninhibited persuit of...
24 Posts
My dealer knew nothing about this TSB. I gave him the info and he said I would have to drop the car off so they could check it out before they reprogram it. I may do this this week.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah the dealers usually don't know anything about the TSB's; I had a similar experience when I went in to have them correct the upshift flare on my a/t. It works if you just print out the entire bulletin and hand it to them when you bring your car in.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
whatever happend to the people who knew about what they were selling. You used to go to the hardware store and the guy could interpret a pethetic description of what you were looking for and say, "oh yeah, you want a crows foot" (yes, that is a real name of a real tool) or something like that. Even at an auto parts store, you could tell the guy it was doing this or that, made this sound or something, and he could come pretty close to diagnosing the problem right there. Now, unless you know the production date or VIN, the color, tire size, trim level, and what brand component was originally installed....forget it. The goober behind the counter can't help you. TOO BAD!!!

As to the topic at hand, my dealership didn't know about it but they looked it up on the computer and in 1 minute, found it. Asked me if i wanted to have it done. I said I was waiting to hear the reviews from the guinea pigs. lol

So?...........

·
Registered
542 Posts
People that knew what they were selling? HA. My salesman didnt show me a damn thing. If I would not have read about some of the features of the car on this site, I would have never have known.

·
Registered
880 Posts
2BIT said:
People that knew what they were selling? HA. My salesman didnt show me a damn thing. If I would not have read about some of the features of the car on this site, I would have never have known.

haha bring back the threads about neat features that people find only months later :)
on topic: i'm due for inspection and i will probably go in about 10 days or so. i'll make sure to print out the TSB and kindly ask them to work their magic. in the mean time i can't wait to hear the reviews

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went to the dealer. They want anywhere from $45-$90 to reprogram since I am already over the 60k mile mark. Will wait to here the verdict from others before I dump some money down.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hopefully, they don't reprogram it so that the car hesitates throughout the whole RPM range so that you actually don't notice it at 3800-4000rpm. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
226 Posts
if you already have mods to make the the car not heisitate ( intake, TBB, ground wires, exhaust), would the reprogramming help as far as opening up the car even more???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seraph0503 said:
if you already have mods to make the the car not heisitate ( intake, TBB, ground wires, exhaust), would the reprogramming help as far as opening up the car even more???
I am wondering the same thing. If it would help open the car up even more. I am going in tomorrow to get this done to my car. They have to see if the car really needs it. I told them that it has the problem with warm startup thing. I have had this problem in the past. My ground wiring got rid of the dead spot.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts