Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Yea, it sucks for our guys to have to go in harms way, they've got some pretty big guns... fotunately I think the advantage is on our side:

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
As much as I don't want to get shot I wouldn't be that afraid of the guys in that pic. Those guns probably haven't been cleaned in over a year, the ammo is probably old, they probably have little to no military training ............ Just because they have guns doesn't mean they know how to fight. There is alot more to shooting than pointing and pulling the trigger. If the weapons aren't cared for properly they might as well be a really cool paper weight. Our military is among the best trained and best equiped in the world if we aren't #1.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Hell, they probably bought the guns from Walmart.com

·
Registered
741 Posts
A bullet is a bullet, doesnt matter how much training the guy has had. My freinds fiance was riding in a humvee when a mine exploded recently, so all you guys over there... keep your heads down! Come home safe.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Elantra2.001 said:
A bullet is a bullet, doesnt matter how much training the guy has had.
It does if they can't hit you with that bullet. I've hadled both an M16 and AK-47 and while they aren't difficuly weapons to handle it isn't easy to hit what you want if you haven't spent a good amount of time training with the particular rifle.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
2GTS said:
It does if they can't hit you with that bullet. I've hadled both an M16 and AK-47 and while they aren't difficuly weapons to handle it isn't easy to hit what you want if you haven't spent a good amount of time training with the particular rifle.
Not necessarily true. My first time at the range with the M-16 (law enforcement variation XM15E2S) I was 92% accurate at 100 yards. I shot competition in college, but that was with .22 bolt action rifles, not assault rifles, so I guess you could say it was my first time.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Your story is a little different being a prior competitive shooter. I wouldn't expect those results from the average joe. How big of a target were you shooting at at the 100 yard range?

·
love/hate thing
92 Posts
they are both easy to shoot,yes. But when we the Corpsman are over there all we get is a phukin 9MM. That leads me to another thing that bothers me half of the pictures you see on T.V., internet or whatever arent even marines and soldiers, they are the Navy Corpsmen that take care of all there asses when they are shot/hurt whatever, so back to what bothers me is, all these reporters are so eager to say look at all these marines/soldiers. Cant we get some love too. Remember Iwo Jima Yup a Corpsman was there also, did he get any love....nope And yes all those weapons up top look great but that is not what we are using now is it. we used them for a couple of months then said lets go in to urban warfare (which by the way we suck at) due to geneva conventions. I say screw geneva conventions if the people we are fighting dont abide by them anyway. Its not like we are going to be fighting anyone that carries a sticking geneva convention card anyway...that my friends is my $.02. Sorry man but 100 yards isnt anything we train to shoot these at 100,300,500 and 1000 yards accurately.

·
Registered
880 Posts
HatchetMan said:
the short one in front looks about 12 yo
what a bunch of f*cking cowards
I thought only their b*tches had to cover their faces
oh wait, they are some b*tches
by the same token speial ops, SWAT, etc are b*tches too? :confused: :D btw ninjas fall under the same category :D

and i'm with str8ballerz about urban warfare. there is no military no matter how well trained and equiped that can boast a winning record when it comes to urban warfare or fighting againsta gorillas

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Of course you shoot up to 1000 yards, you damn well better or you'll be in trouble in a combat zone. I was just saying that the weapon can be fired well in its first use, having no familiarity on that weapon, that's all.

2GTS, we used human sillouette targets.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
in my mind, if you have to use a mask while you're doing what you beleive in, then your cause is that of a criminal. that was one of my main issues with them when they killed nick berg. they also could have done it a little bit cleaner. its one thing to kill someone, its another to murder them in cold blood like they are a cow thats up for slaughter.
had they felt that their was justice in what they did, they wouldnt have been wearing masks, and they would have beheaded him more formally.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I might be on my way there.. those guys.. Blah. These are the things that have my back :cool:

javalin

Bradly with 20mm.. awesome

my best freind.. the m16 w/203

All your tank belong to us

Steel Rain

screw those cowards..... :abovelol: your arse is mine.!!

·
love/hate thing
92 Posts
Now I have thought about this one long and hard. Lets say we do leave Then what happens, they are going to reassemble another terrorist faction and who are they coming for, the U.S. Now I agree that we should be leaving there, but I also think that it is too soon. There has to be some form of govt. before we even think of leaving Iraq. When will that happen probably not for a long time. The U.S. and coalition will be there for at least a couple of years,and then we will be babysitting them forever....

·
Registered
883 Posts
yevRPS said:
by the same token speial ops, SWAT, etc are b*tches too? :confused: :D btw ninjas fall under the same category :D

and i'm with str8ballerz about urban warfare. there is no military no matter how well trained and equiped that can boast a winning record when it comes to urban warfare or fighting againsta gorillas
I get your point about them covering their faces (ninjas are kewl), but atleast the SWAT team ain't out posing for pictures and holding their gats like a bunch of d*cks. SWAT does their job and gets the f*ck outta dodge. BTW: S.W.A.T would have been a much better movie had it not been limited to a PG-13 rating.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
My thoughts:

Iraq was never a direct threat as the reason was stated for our troops to be killed.

Now, we are there and we are getting killed every day.

I am 22 years old, my parents always told me to be lucky I didn't grow up in their era as they had to deal with vietnam... Now, lets compare the two.

Vietnam: A non declared, non santionced police action in a sovergn state.
Iraq: hmm seems familiar

Vietnam: Air.Sea, and Ground weapons proved to not be as useful as we thought since the enemy was hiding everywhere.
Iraq: ditto

Vietnam: We sent thousands of troops on foot into viet kong territory to try to contain the enemy using "jungle and urban warfare"
Iraq: replace jungle for desert

Vietnam: The enemy used any and all resources to kill us. Women, children, gorilla warfare.
Iraq: Uhm how about attacking the back of a supply chain from a truck?? or having "That 12 year old with a m16 in the top picture"

Vietnam: We were promised to be out within 6 months with a peacful solution, finally pulling out after 5 years of death and destruction
Iraq: Well, we're workin on it huh?

Vietnam: The country was split right down the middle of supporters of the "war" and people who thought it was a moronic ideal to stop communism
Iraq: The country is split right down the middle of supporters of the "war" and people who think it is a moronic ideal to get some oil.

shall I go on?

all I am saying is I support the troops that are over there, I want them all to come home safe, but enough is enough. I def. think that this president is killing our troops for absolutely no reason. We are over there, our tactics are not working. We need to WIN this "war". so, either pull out or kill them all.

shawn :/

·
Registered
880 Posts
str8ballerz said:
Now I have thought about this one long and hard. Lets say we do leave Then what happens, they are going to reassemble another terrorist faction and who are they coming for, the U.S. Now I agree that we should be leaving there, but I also think that it is too soon. There has to be some form of govt. before we even think of leaving Iraq. When will that happen probably not for a long time. The U.S. and coalition will be there for at least a couple of years,and then we will be babysitting them forever....

i don't think that will work. maybe i'm wrong. but just look at the history: korea, vietnam, afghanistan (for soviet union), chechnya for russia. and now afghanistan and iraq for the US. all those wars and conflicts have lasted for years or are still going on. none have ended with a desirable outcome. the choice are still the same now as they were back then: leave them alone or try to enforce the law (very loosely used term). and if the US pick the latter then it kinda goes against the whole idea behind going there (the official one...not gonna touch the oil subject here) since in essance one opressor (saddam) has been replaced by another (the US or the US backed puppet government). you may counter this with "but we'll make sure we don't opress them..." to which i say it's still considered an occupation. and noboy is ever happy to have their country occupied no matter how noble the occupiers claim their cause is (which is mostly just loud words most of the time anyways and not the real reasons for being there)

EDIT: forgot to add the thoughts on the coalition....who is all left?? more and more pull their troops out.

·
love/hate thing
92 Posts
I def. think that this president is killing our troops for absolutely no reason. We are over there, our tactics are not working. We need to WIN this "war". so, either pull out or kill them all.

agreed.

Iraq was never a direct threat.

disagree. they are the threat, they as being "terrorists" in general brought the war to us, hence 9-11. Question being how do you kill terrorists that are all over the world. You go to where they are BRED and kill them.

All in all I am in agreeance with your statements, mostly frustrated at the whole situation.

hell yev, I dont think it will work either, And history has proven that.. nicely said by the way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts