Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've always wanted a Home Theatre Surround Sound system, but I didn't want to spend lots of money or get a crappy system, so instead I never bought one. My brother just bought this and we watched a clip of Terminator 3 and it seemed like it was pretty good and adequate enough for what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any thoughts on this product? Pro's or con's? I'm looking through other reviews right now also.

Thoughts?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
BORICUA
79 Posts
Well....It is not going to blow the roof off but for the money and it is a Sony, it is not that bad. It also has a DTS decoder built in. This is pretty good. Not too many movies are encoded with DTS but one of my favs is GLADIATOR and it sounds dramatically better than Dolby Digital. You just need to connect an optical cable to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i've never had good luck with sony stuff, and haven't been impressed with their speakers either. for the money, it seems like a good deal. i would pass on it if a full stereo was in the works within the next few years.

also...it only has 2 digital inputs. say 1 for cd and another for dvd...but what about cable box/satellite? i think this might burn you in the next little while.

·
Registered
454 Posts
2 things I noticed was there are no svideo or component video input/outputs. If you ever upgrade to an HDTV you would then in turn have to upgrade your receiver again. Also it doesn't say if the subwoofer is powered or not. I had one that just fed off the speaker outputs and then switched to a powered sub that ran off the sub preout on the receiver. World of difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts