Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ok, what next....?
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I was at Talon Body Styling in Sydney dropping in my OEM XD2 rear wing for a repaint and ordering some rear pods, and came across this replica Civic Mugen wing. I always wondered how well it would fit on the XD2 sedan, so here was a chance to find out.

At one stage I had considered this wing for my car a few months ago, but decided to stick with the OEM wing to keep is subtle. But for anyone else wanting a higher wing, this may be an option.

If you already have an OEM wing fitted, this Civic Muden wing will not cover any of the original spoiler's holes, so you would need to find a way to plug them/fill them, or get a new bootlid without spoiler holes in it.

To my surprise, this Mugen spoilier is almost a perfect fit!

It doesn't quite sit flat my my bootlid, as I have added a small lip spoiler to the rear edge of my bootlid (more on this project to come in a week). The Civic Mugen wing was resting on the ends of this small lip I have on my bootlid, so the wing had to sit back about 20mm more than if this small lip wasn't on my boot . But without this lip fitted, then the Civic Mugen spoiler would sit flat and like it was designed for the XD2 sedan.

Of course, this style wing may not be to everyone's liking, but if it is, may be another option to look at.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
The user "sed" used a Civic spoiler on his XD2 also. It wasn't the mugen version, but the mounting pattern should be the same. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the front of the spoiler seems to point out away from the car a little more than would be perfect. For you XD2 guys that never had the OEM high spoiler option, that might be the best choice for a non-lip spooiler.

·
A.K.A. ItalianSausage
4,131 Posts
The user "sed" used a Civic spoiler on his XD2 also. It wasn't the mugen version, but the mounting pattern should be the same. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the front of the spoiler seems to point out away from the car a little more than would be perfect. For you XD2 guys that never had the OEM high spoiler option, that might be the best choice for a non-lip spooiler.
we have a high spoiler option.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
in california this spoiler was offered on the sedans as an optional spoiler.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
Too bad i already did my LED brake mod...Otherwise I would consider this for my HD....I'd have to eye it up before getting it though.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
the thing that I love the most about that kia wing is that it's not gigantic. it's like super low pro but looooks so sexy!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts