Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. It looks like a really great car. I Love the design on it! Greats really good mileage. Est 77 City. Uses Compressed Hydrogen Gas. Looks really powerful, 186 foot pounds TQ, 132Hp What do you think of it?

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Maybe if it didn't look like the bastard lovechild of the Civic and the new Pilot...

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
and it's only going to be leased (not purchased) in Cali. Any leased vehicle is like renting a house over owning one, a waste of resources.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
By the way, that EST 77 city is lbs of H IIRC. They usually hold less than 10 lbs and how much does a pound of H cost?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
and it's only going to be leased (not purchased) in Cali. Any leased vehicle is like renting a house over owning one, a waste of resources.

kinda like the GM electric car

·
Banned
11,228 Posts

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
just gotta make sure the bottles are empty before they get crushed...lol
its not a bottle, its a holding tank chilled to -250 degrees F to keep the hydrogen gas in a liquid state so it can be injected into the engine.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
^ Makes me wonder what happens in an accident. -260F could cause some serious injury to flesh in an accident.

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
then consider the firemen/emt/etc that have to try and pull people out of these things when they crash.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aw, come on!? no one likes that!? Lol. it is a little steep tho. $600/month... for 36 MONTHS!?

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
^ Good point. I know a lot of wrecker services threw a fit over the Prius (and other hybrids) because of possible electrocution/acid leakage.

Aw, come on!? no one likes that!? Lol. it is a little steep tho. $600/month... for 36 MONTHS!?
$600/month for a 3 year lease. That's RENT for 3 months. For $21600 I could buy a car and drive it for 10 years.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
its not a bottle, its a holding tank chilled to -250 degrees F to keep the hydrogen gas in a liquid state so it can be injected into the engine.
I was just being silly

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
^ Good point. I know a lot of wrecker services threw a fit over the Prius (and other hybrids) because of possible electrocution/acid leakage.
Yeah, imagine a hybrid and hydrogen collision. Whats a few hundred volts and explosive fuel amongst friends.

I'm sure they have the "cell" set up a lot like a race car with a metal tank and a inner liner, but uh, hydrogen is nasty stuff. I've played with browns gas generators and just the fumes alone can make you hack and gag pretty easy.

$600/month for a 3 year lease. That's RENT for 3 months. For $21600 I could buy a car and drive it for 10 years.
play your cards right at clearance time and you can get two cars for that 21k.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Prius and Altima got it on... out popped this!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts