Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hood is chipped and bent... needs to be fixed or replaced... should I get cf one or just have a bodyshop fix the stock one. need you opinions, I cant decide...tho I tend to lean towards the cf :)

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
if you can find one get a c/f! god luck getting a response or any info I had a very shitty time finding one and getting returned phone calls!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Chipped and bent huh.....I had a bucket drop on mine, made quite the scratches...the shop wanted $400 to repaint it :eek: CDN $$$ too....because they would have to take off the washer nozzles and blah blah. I was like...forget it, and lived with the scratches. I touched them up and waxed and they aren't noticible until I show someone. If you can't live with the stocker like that, maybe look for one in a junkyard or something - of the same color. Or get a quote to see how much they want to charge to fix the hood, might be less than the next hood you buy. I also have a CF one so my stocker hood is used in the winter - all depends on what your situation is, that's all.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
BlueGT is selling his cf hood for CHEAP! Check his post in marketplace section, it is a HELL of a deal. For the costs involved go with the cf and keep your stocker for winter like Xtrawld did.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What are some of the companies that people have contacted regarding having carbon fiber hoods? I was thinking of contacting compactdivisions.com, but they're site says that they're still in the process of rebuilding.

Any other places?

thanks

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are there actually companies that produce Carbon Fibre hoods?
I have been hunting for one since I bought that car last August.
if you can find me one, I will definately buy it.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
you can get then but be ready to spend 600-800 dollars!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is that 6 - 800 USD?
I am in search of one cause now don't laugh....
My car's hood got walked on...Yup, big ole workboots walked
across my F**kin hood. Can you believe it...I didn't think that Vandals
would go that far...My car isn't really done up much yet either...

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
yep 6-800 US! My sisters tib got stomped before too! Kicked in the sunroof and everything! I have been trying to buy the vented carbon fiber hood off JEM for about 4 months but he never reesponds so I figured screw it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts